Welcome to my blog. It varies how regular I write posts here. I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Wednesday 7 August 2024

Visual awareness

Everyone is becoming more visually aware. A larger proportion of us are now more comfortable in our ability of composing a picture, surely?



I wrote the above couple of sentences, mid-way across Waterloo Bridge. The 'Houses of Parliament', the ‘London Eye’, and 'The Southbank', amongst more, were all providing backgrounds to photographers facing West. Across the other side of the busy bridge, the same thing was happening, facing East (eg, Huge city office towers, Tower Bridge, and St Paul’s Cathedral). 

All pedestrians were basking in the summer sun (at last). Over 75% were stopping to take photos on their phone of various sites on the horizons.


...Three key facts were noted…

...I suddenly realised the availability of image creation by almost everyone, popularity of images in social media, and it seems that the power of a 2D image may never have been on such high level. Holiday picture postcards, are no more (it seems).

This is good, but also very dangerous. Images are powerful. Visual Communication can stir up all sorts of emotions, from Love and Desire, all inclusive, through to Fear and Hate. 

...It could be argued that the vast ability by everyone to distort reality in an image, as simple as using filters on their mobile phone, is irresponsible. 

...The ability of anyone to do this is actually terrifying, when you consider the dangerous, hateful groups among us, that are living and expanding through various social-medias.


Two notes make up this post. My final post written in my thirties!

I move away from the alarming topic, noted above, to a much more personal one, below.

I question myself. I wish…

I wish…

I wish I had no desire. However I do, but I honestly believe that no-one will ever reciprocate this.  18 years of nothing.

A true reciprocation requires a relationship. 

I was forced to work my whole effort, 100% concentration, learning to live independently, alone. I did, I am. Independence was celebrated when I achieved it.

Truthfully, I don’t know.

I just live.

I feel it is time to play a Wildcard…. ‘I am lucky to be here at all!’

We all are.

Everyone is just human. The more we tolerate and accept others, the greater the benefit felt by everyone. 


I finish with a recent video from one of my favourite current bands. It is quite ermmm, hehehe, ermmm 'alternative'. 

;)




‘Big Swimmer’ is latest album from King Hannah. A personal favourite from the album, features Sharon Van Etten




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=859-3TQQqB4&list=OLAK5uy_lH2hYesWXaJHHZEereeiDrVNBG5gU6-9o&index=10

‘This wasn’t intentional’  (Track 10, on ‘Big Swimmer’)

No comments:

Post a Comment