Welcome to my blog. It varies how regular I write posts here. I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Sunday 25 August 2024

Don't be fooled

 The grass is always greener on the other side.

(Even if they are in a wheelchair)!


‘I wish this had a machine on it, I tell you’

She exclaimed enviously, whilst pushing her child’s buggy. I was left flummoxed… how should I respond? Did I agree? Did I feel sorry for her? Was I supposed to?

I left knowing that I would say nothing, even though I really wanted to alert her to the fact that maybe, just maybe she shouldn’t feel so sorry for herself!


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c5y3e0ljnllo

New Starbucks boss

Don't be fooled by the smiling man

greed



A commute, on a private jet of thousands of miles. There are few people in the world who I think less of, than the boss of Starbucks. After stating these harmful eco-credentials, he has shot up close to pole-position. Such greedy, selfish behaviour with such a huge disregard of his environmental impact, Brian Niccol. Starbucks should be avoided by all, forever (‘Starbucks’ is not coffee anyway - milk)!


https://bobbollen.com

Above is a link to my friend’s blog. 

Bob Bollen is a key member of Kingston's 'The Hive - Climate Emergency Centre' https://www.kingstonhive.org.uk/

His personal blog...‘A continuing blog which asks questions that might lead us to a deeper understanding of our predicament, and points to the power of bottom up change.’

I really encourage people to have a look at Bob’s site. It provides another alert for everyone, posing questions that are not faced by those who perhaps walk around with their minds closed (I include myself in that group, everyone should).


Friday just gone, marked thirty year anniversary of the full release of definitely one of the greatest albums ever.

23rd August 1994.... Jeff Buckley releases ‘Grace’ in US

(August 15th in Europe)

https://jeffbuckley.com/discography/grace/


I admit that it was only when buying the posthumous second album ('Sketches - For My Sweetheart The Drunk') in Canada, in 2000, that I fell in love with his music. My mother had bought ‘Grace’ initially, soon after its mid-nineties release. Maybe not as progressive as Radiohead’s ‘OK Computer’, but musically ‘Grace’ is supreme. 

Thank you.

Rest in peace Jeff. 



I am no longer using Twitter 'X'. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment