Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Thursday 3 October 2019

ON STANDBY!

Instead of dedicating a portion of my weekly calendar to creating posts for this blog, you may have realised that it is seems so much more random when posts are written.

Learning to live with your mobile turned OFF/standby. 
I made the above note, after getting my new mobile phone. I am used to the fact that we all now live ‘ON STANDBY’. I remember, with joy, my mobile phone battery would last much longer, partly due to less power-consumption, but also, I would only ever turn my phone ‘on’,  when I wanted. Now everyone is ‘ON’.
The world has changed, I must accept change.

A couple of links that provide essential information, that I must share. Having been employed in ‘Sustainability’, and having studied ‘Design & Technology’, ‘Physics’, and ‘Maths with Mechanics’, at A-level, I feel that I have sufficient background knowledge of what everyone can/should do with different material waste etc.
Essential new news for me, and you...


These photos are from my Monday visit to ‘Giuliano’s DeliCafe’ in Kingston. I was very happy, reaching my target on the Gym-Bike, in the ‘YourHealthcare Neuro-Gym’.
The pictured Tiramisu, followed an almighty ‘Tortellini al Pesto’. I deserved it, it was ok!
Giuliano’s the best recovery cafe...




I was very happy, as I had watched Fiorentina win away, at AC Milan’s San Siro, with a supreme performance. I already knew the strength and ability of the likes of Federico Chiesa running at defences, or Guillermo Pezzella attacking corners, but a new player this season, 36 year old Franck Ribery! I knew of him, but was fairly unaware of his technical skill and ability.

 Even AC Milan fans were applauding Franck Ribery!


Bravo Franck! 
We were in one of our four away-kit colours, Green.


I know that I regularly smile as I pass down the street, if not always! Whilst this may primarily be because I want to smile, I am also aware that it is fortunate. I wear glasses and I am always aware of the need to hold them straight (there is nothing worse than wonky glasses). I am already using a wheelchair, I cannot take any further chances, to be looked down on.
I smile as I try to hold my glasses straight, on my face.

Mostly, we may consume plastic bottles of toiletries. I know that if I see a problem that I can solve at a personal level, it’s a start. I have explained my shaver, my toothbrush, and my shampoo issues and solutions (previous posts). 
The next two items fall together, as I see just one obvious answer. Refills. We do not need to buy a new piece of packaging each time. Negligence from companies that supply these, is noted by myself, and I am actually considering abandoning such.
Refill shower-gel / mouthwash

Sainsbury’s




Thumbs up! Congratulations Sainsbury’s for providing an initial solution to fresh-food packaging. 

An encouragement for customers to purchase items separately, items that they need, away from plastic packages! These sort of scales are not new (seen abroad in 90s). However, nowhere uses them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment