Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Thursday 26 September 2019

'Greedy Generation'


Iconic, eye-catching architecture, used on the rear face of the Holburn museum, Bath (www.holburne.org).


It is human nature, to always desire improvement.

One cannot build improvements using a resource that does not exist.
Therefore sources must be strictly protected, and resources used sustainably, with care. For we must keep what we have, ensuring we build from a solid baseline.

Humanity must be led by democratically elected politicians who recognise these basic facts. Abuse power and you will suffer! Do you want a good legacy?

  • We all want to improve things. Everything. 
  • Bigger is not always better.
  • Things may improve through growth, but growth cannot be infinite. 
  • What is important is the recognition of the growth-process, not what is attained by it. With such ‘recognition’ we can learn and use such knowledge elsewhere. 
  • Those who are fixated by achievements and what we attain, become obsessed. Obsession is dangerous. 
  • Throughout the entire world there are unfortunately, so many examples which actually involve zero recognition of the growth process, nothing has been learnt, and nothing can be recognised. 
  • Such things may be desirable now, but tomorrow? Tomorrow we will look back on these things as a waste of resources which we will need so badly elsewhere. 
  • Whether we like it or not, humans consume. Only consumption of sustainable resources can continue to exist. It alarms me how many fail to understand this!
  • Anyone who actually chooses to consume unsustainably should be considered greedy. There is nothing worse than greed. I cannot bear the thought of future generations looking back on us, and in disdain, calling us ‘greedy’!   
  • The ‘Greedy Generation which failed the Earth’. 
We have the knowledge. WE MUST ACT RESPONSIBLY!!








Pela cases

I am on course to be completing my purchase of a mobile phone, this Friday.
You should know that I try and shop ‘ethically’, wanting to reduce the size of my ‘footprint’ on our planet’s resources. Phone contracts mean the large companies have us hooked to their custom. I am in a scheme which allows me to sell my old phone back as I purchase a new device. Parts of the old phone live on in different forms/uses. 


Everyone protects their phone in a case. Cases are almost as fashionable as the phone themselves. They can be just one piece of one material, and hopefully, as eco-friendly as possible, not a colourful, non-biodegradable, polymer composite.

I realise that I maybe sounding like a long list of dull instructions. Sorry, but...
PLEASE DO WHAT YOU CAN!





No comments:

Post a Comment