Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 11 October 2019

in prison

National Album day - Saturday 12th
I write this on Friday 11th October, meaning that I highlight the following two albums as annual highlights. Both were released much earlier, before summer, so I feel content that I have sufficiently listened to both, to recommend, providing a few, very brief words of analysis.
Schlagenheim Black Midi
Very progressive music. A guitar based, rock band, providing sounds that are new and unique. Inspiring.
or
 ‘DogrelFontaines DC
An Irish rock band, oozing attitude. Alternative, tight. Rock’n’roll with attitude, that few can replicate with such quality music throughout. 

Plastic reduction.
My bathroom
Everyone must be attempting to reduce the quantity of plastic that they consume! I have been forever arguing for such, partly through this blog! I always stand by words told here. We should all recognise the issue, and understand how we can all help.
We have all got used to using plastic so regularly, THINGS MUST CHANGE. I have found it easiest to start by tackling one room of my flat, at a time. I have started, by looking at my bathroom. I am currently disabled, so there are many new aids required. I accept this, there is very little that I can do about these.
I have found a few things that I can change, and have done so...
  • Replaceable, sustainable toothbrush heads, 
  • Biodegradable razor body
  • A ‘bar’ of shampoo
  • A ‘bar’ of Shower-soap
  • Ethically sound toothpaste
  • This is only a start...


https://www.sarakan.co.uk






I want to forget plastic shower-gel and shampoo bottles. Remember soap-bars?







Why, oh why do we spend money on more polymer and litter, when a simple apple can be just as effective?



It is when we start a list like this, that we must realise that opportunities for improvements are endless...
How can we search for other desires, yet ignore these ‘rooms for improvement’? 
Things must change. 

Fatboy Slim featuring Greta Thunberg.

Right here, Right Now


In prison, dreams have no limits and reality is no curb. Intelligence in chains  loses in lucidity what it gains in  intensity.’
Albert Camus, The Rebel, pg14 

A couple of more musicians...
I find both enticing, but both are very different. Neither artist are new to this blog.
Julie Byrne has released a couple of songs, both of which are older, rereleases, but beautifully, sensuous. Her magical, delicate vocals are so deep and powerful simultaneously. Both songs tug on my heart.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rID9vJQdnYY (video of a live performance from a few years ago)



Julie Byrne - ‘Faster or Greener than Now’

Second female artist, tugs on heart strings in a totally different way. Kate is a lyrical genius. Listening to the album is like listening to her read different chapters of a book. She speaks such painful truths, one MUST listen. Anger that we all feel, very few people act on, and only Kate Tempest uses this shame to form her music of an entire album. Much respect.
Kate Tempest

‘The Book Of Traps and Lessons’, out now: https://www.katetempest.co.uk



I finish this week’s post with a video of two legendary, football heroes. 
A must watch for any Arsenal fan.


Ian Wright interviews Dennis Bergkamp. Highbury heroes!




No comments:

Post a Comment