Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 25 October 2019

Inspirational?



Brightness
So, the battery on your mobile phone is decreasing too fast?...
... Turn your ‘screen-brightness’ down.
You would not believe how effective this tip is. This suggestion can also be applied to other mobile devices, such as tablets etc. It alarms me how everyone begins using their devices with brightness preset at 100%. Starting at this level results in only one direction for the performance level. Customers are sold products whilst being lied to, but they buy anything if it is shiny!

So, it is a time of great deliberation, for many. 
I believe that the biggest problem within this country, is the willing negligence of politics, by far too many. Our system is broken, resulting in a small two-way political dominance (I suppose that it is no wonder people are fed up)! 
The Green Party pledges such important support regarding the most horrific problem facing our entire planet.


We are a ‘Remain Party’, but are scared that political parties arguing over Brexit (the regressive, greedy attitude of a single-nation) dominate news. The largest problem facing the entire planet regards the planet’s climate. This is at the forefront of our policies, and must not be ignored by others!


Change can’t Wait


http://sharronsumner.org.uk please sign petition to ‘Protect our Green Spaces’ - http://sharronsumner.org.uk/issues/tolworthcourtfarmmol/

Adults should know better. However, some continue to humiliate themselves, acting childlike. 
Adults on scooters!... (four letters)
Okay, children are often found riding their scooters on pavements, there is no law against this. Adults copy and they humiliate themselves.
Adults riding bicycles on pavements!!!… (four letters)
This is illegal, but some don’t care. They offend me an insurmountable level. The more criminals, like such, result in less bicycles on the road. We need more cyclists on the roads mixing with road traffic vehicles, so that everyone becomes aware of important issues, and problems are solved! 

Inspirational!?
So, I explain to strangers (or ‘acquaintances’) stories of my recent history, and astounded, they compliment me as ‘inspirational’. 
I realise that there is little else that can be said, and so obviously show gratitude for the compliment.
I feel forced to stop, and retread through experiences. One side of my argument just maintains that it is not a choice of free-will. I don’t choose to be ‘inspirational’ (does anyone, apart from professional teachers)? I choose to act, or to do, what I feel is best for me, in my mind (which always considers things universally, I hope).
I am very aware that answers to choices come indirectly from all of my family and friends, but also my lonesome hours, cycling. Every cyclist knows himself, like no-one else. 
Since lying in hospital after my initial brain-injury, in 2006, I have felt damaged. Damaged goods. No-one wants damaged goods.
I knew this, so what do I have? My mind. I remember being proud of my mind, I must keep it safe and strong! I knew that if my mind could hold me through this mental struggle, it will help me through everything else.
Everyone must be the same. Keep your mental strength, forever. Recognise how your mind can re-build, and repair itself. 
OK, so, ‘inspirational’? Thank you, but I had always thought that there must be a ‘flip-side’ to all of the positives that I get from cycling. I regularly predicted that something bad would happen, but then I told myself off, and would just enjoy the present. Was I being stupid? 'Nothing will ever happen. I am a good, sensible cyclist'.

... Then I awoke in hospital. 2007... (what!!?!) Whenever you are struggling, recognise that you are digging deep but make sure you keep your mind. Your mind will tell you how to solve the problem that you face. This may take time, but be patient and keep faith in the strength of your mind (it has led your life through everything so far, nothing is impossible)!

Always smile 
Stress, anger and utter disappointment are all realistic emotions, negative sadness can spiral down. A smile is such a simple way of telling everyone to mirror the calm, content happiness that you have. Smiles last forever, passed on continuously.

Participate! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment