Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 2 August 2019

positive progression

Congratulations Egan Bernal, 22!

Jan Ullrich was young in 1997, winning LeTour at an incredibly young age. 23 year-old Ullrich beat team-mate and previous year’s Tour de France Champion. Bjarne Riis had won in 1996. I am not comparing Geraint Thomas (runner-up to Bernal), to Riis, or Bernal to Ullrich, but similarities can be interesting! When a team dominates for ‘some reason’, the team can dominate for years! Team Sky/Ineos seem to be no exception.

Arsenal sign Nicolas Pepe for record £72Million
'His name is Nicolaaa, He comes from Cote d'Ivoire, Pepe oh ooooh, PePe oh oh oohhhhhh



Jacqueline Taïeb
7 Heure Du Matin



Surbiton Lift!😡
I praise all public transport to the MAXIMUM (this note actually hurts me, due to it’s negativity)!
Negativity, yes. I live in Surbiton, so unsurprisingly, this railway station is the most frequently used. 
... or, i try to.
I use a powered wheelchair, so require lifts to access platforms/trains. Most stations are excellent. I’ve had trouble with Wimbledon’s lift’s ability, before, but everywhere else has been extremely reliable. By far the worst, most unreliable, regularly broken lifts are at base, here in Surbiton. Now, broken lifts may just be a minor, annoyance for some. Pedestrians in a rush, can run upstairs. Cyclists can carry their bike upstairs. Buggy users may need assistance to lift upstairs. Wheelchair users, you cannot use this station, think of another plan! I ask at the front office, and am offered a taxi service, to my destination... NO WAY (I do not  to be squashed into a road vehicle, whilst we sit in traffic jams)! :(
OK, a quicker route, I grab a bus into Kingston, and use Kingston Station. I am lucky that this route is a possible’s solution, i had no time restrictions this time.


I remember, fairly vividly, lying in my girlfriend’s bed, on the weekend of 7/8 October 2006. I was very happy but apprehensive. I had completed all coursework, I had just ridden my Bianchi road bicycle on a 100mile route, just north of Paris, with club mates, the weekend before. I was in bed with the ‘love of my life’. 
We were both extremely happy.
...
Where do we go from here?
... the words are coming out all weird,
...
This question can be asked in various ways. Personally, I often find myself facing this question. It can hurt, as I realise my situation. So, I always manage to push it to the back of my mind. I know that I will create answers that I don’t want to hear, but I believe that what will be, will be... 
My answers can in no way be accurate, so don’t exist! I had spent my entire previous-life, as a student, methodically learning to achieve progress, onwards and upwards to the next stage. I thank God with sincerity, that I had achieved my goals and aspirations. I was very happy. Then reality bit me hard, at the age of 22. 
I have learnt to expect NOTHING. Yes, there are things I want, but I cannot trade things for future happiness. I cannot expect, I have to live for now.  
Love the life you live now, do not live for the future! Anything that you plan, is actually nothing more than a concept in your head. Learn to love what you/we have now. ‘Now’ is the only life that people actually live. Learn from the past to design the future, but remember that you can only live for NOW.
Through writing this I aim to encourage action. Our world needs action. Global Ecology needs saving NOW. Please refuse many politician’s self-centred, laziness. We must all ensure that if we make just the smallest of changes, which are positive and progressive, global changes can be reached. A change may seem small, but if a number of people act similarly, positive results will be realised! 

A fundraising page that I have set-up for a charity that is advertised with much pride, constantly on my blog’s homepage. 
Please donate to ‘Friends of the Earth’, by clicking through the link below...(you do not have to be a Facebook user)!



If more people can make the slightest effort to change something, then more and more people will copy, and change can happen!
This is how i stay optimistic, believing that the good will out! 
Our blind continuation of our human greed, is a reality that is far too depressing to face.
We must focus on positive progression, and find how we can help everyone. Don’t be ridiculous and over-ambitious, effect will only occur after your affect is felt by more and more people. Influence someone, who may influence more, who may influence more, etc. and you don’t know when your positivity will end, if it ever will! 

Influence with positivity, and opportunities can be endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment