Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 9 August 2019

A broad smile

RideLondon popularity 
Last Sunday many local roads were taken over by cyclists.
I am overwhelmed by the popularity of ‘my sport’, on ‘my roads’, here in BRITAIN! It is marvellous. It only happens for one day per year, but remains in all of our heads jusqu’a l’annee prochaine, apres Le Tour (until next year, after the Tour de France)! I am overjoyed that the local public can be encouraged to see various physical and environmental aspects which are otherwise disregarded. It is up to us all to find the positives, but the door has been opened! Every year more and more join in! Cycling is allowed to boom all year-round!

Former World Champion Philippe Gilbert pressing on, out of the saddle, ahead of a relaxed looking Groupama FDJ rider, in Norbiton.

Previously posted on Instagram, the best Double Macchiato ever!...
Tuesday's visit meant...

By Angelica, at The Fleet Street Press Office.Previously posted on Instagram, the best Double Macchiato ever!



Be afraid. Be very afraid...
(is that what he wants?)


Trump demands death penalty for all mass murder hate crimes while condemning 'white supremacy'.
'Mental illness and hatred pull the trigger, not the gun,' president says after nationwide mass shootings

Above is a clip from BBC News headlines, earlier in the week. The US President shows weakness, acting like a spoilt child in a playground. Unfortunately he is in a much more important position, wielding incredible, global power. Donald, please don’t react so foolishly. One must contemplate why racist, ‘white supremacy’ exists? Such a threat of capital punishment does not work, nor will it ever. By reacting with a warning of such, simply tells the rest of the world that you are like a fish, jumping up, rising to the bait. ‘Mental illness, and hatred’... Why do these exist?  Perhaps, begin by looking internally. Easiest solutions are always those you can find in yourself! Instead, you are showing EVERYONE that you are weak under pressure, prepared to fall back on an ‘extreme’ punishment. You wield such power, yet you act like a barbarian, why? Beware, greed and gluttony are both a sin.

‘For centuries the death penalty, often accompanied by barbarous refinements, has been trying to hold crime in check; yet crime persists.’
ALBERT CAMUS,  - Resistance, Rebellion and Death

“But what then is capital punishment but the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated it may be, can be compared? For there to be equivalence, the death penalty would have to punish a criminal who had warned his victim of the date at which he would inflict a horrible death on him and who, from that moment onward, had confined him at his mercy for months. Such a monster is not encountered in private life.” ALBERT CAMUS

Wednesday morning :)
I left the house wearing a broad smile, in summer sun…
Into the local coffee shop, and i am served a gorgeous coffee, (my smile is mirrored, by everyone)!
… I then progress to Boots, on a mission. A need of a new shaver was decided a few days ago. I knew that I wanted to ‘break-free’ of the main companies (like many products, they know how to trap you, and hold your custom). Plastic packaging holds plastic cartridges that you buy over, and over again. Plastic consumption is hideous, I want to think ‘out-of-the-box!…
Victory!! My smile broadens as I find this ‘Bull Dog’ bamboo razor.

 

Major selling point for me, is the bamboo handle! It stands out to me, shouting. It asks ‘why oh why is a plastic polymer used in so many products, for parts that could quite easily be a made from a sustainable material?’

A polymer is needed, chosen and used for the razor head, holding steel blades. However, the largest, heaviest part is the body/handle, does this need to be plastic? No.


I plead with you all, to start thinking about what you are consuming. Everything that you purchase may be a bonus for you, but it is taking from a source. How will humanity exist successfully, if resources have disappeared?
... If we don’t require it, why are we buying more everlasting rubbish?
... Do what you can, please





Thank you to everyone contributing. This means such a great deal, as although it may not benefit me or you, personally and directly, by providing such an organisation with help, you will be benefitting humanity as a whole. Think of the big picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment