Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 16 August 2019

tick tock...



I open with a scan of a super birthday card that I received last weekend.
So, last Sunday I turned 35. Gulp!
It will forever trouble me that I cannot act, fully as I wish. OK, no-one can. I should stop complaining! Truthfully, I struggle to...
...Scale my life ambitions down!
I work for positive, progressive causes, when I can. I cycle on an adapted Gym-bike, at home. I maintain fitness at a fairly high-level (considering my situation). My family is so close to me and will be forever. 
I know what I want. 
How long must I wait? 
You may have decided yourselves that everything is linked, and one must jump on stepping stones, in order, to reach happiness. However, this IS NOT TRUE. Things do just ‘happen’. I am just waiting for my turn!

Tick tock, tick tock...
The few days before my birthday, I found myself upset, in angry moods. It distresses me when I start thinking about myself. It angers me to find my mood spiralling down. My birthday started with a visit to Surbeanton (as everyday does). My friends then offer me free coffee for the entire day (but I’m only in there for a short period, honest!) 

Morning mood, Surbeanton & FOE news! :)
THANK YOU
My happiness is increased further as I realise just how successful my fundraiser for Friends Of the Earth reaches!
Although my birthday  was on the 11th, I managed to hold the fundraiser open for two-weeks (from 2nd August, through to 15th August).
It was a basic, simple fundraiser. Personally, I had done nothing. I contributed myself, but I ended up relying on my friends also recognising the importance of the charity.
I had no idea, how much I could raise, so, as you may be aware, I kept pushing the target further away! It makes me so happy that I have had this beneficial effect. 
THANK YOU
I raised £257.00

Summer break in Bath... wow!
This past week, began with a short summer-break to Bath. Again, I had no real idea of what to expect. 
WOW!
A city of such amazing, historical architecture, yet relatively unharmed by modern blemishes!
In the UK?!!!
The city oozed a class that I have only found European cities to. It is correctly proud of it’s history, knows it, and is not afraid to show it off.

Photos
Three pages of selected photos: 
No filters. Natural photos.
Click on individual photo to view full scale.

Mmmmm... Passionfruit Martini... TASTY
Nuts 
I have decided to cut down. Full lunches are not always needed by me. I have decided that I should save consumption for when I actually need it, noticing hunger. I have chosen to ‘cut down’. A selection of Dried Fruit and Nuts have been bought to store at home, for days when I don’t consume regular lunches. My first mini-selection is described below.  Finished with a Maple GRAZE bar, delicious!

Almonds
Brazil Nuts
Macadamia Nuts

Dried Mango




No comments:

Post a Comment