Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 1 June 2018

Existence precedes Essence

Like a rolling stone 


Existence precedes Essence.
As you probably recognise by now, I welcome the theory that there is always more than one way of looking at something. Things exist but then can be viewed differently with different essences. Different views will always balance each other, so please be aware that there is always an ‘opposite’, to any view. 
Something always exists, ahead of it’s essence. (in my opinion) 


One key quote that I want to share is from John-Paul Sartre’s ‘Humanism and Existentialism’...
Pg65

‘Life is nothing until it is lived; but it is yours to make sense of, and the value of it is nothing else but the sense that you choose.’
I believe that the above quote is no direct description regarding the philosophical realm of ‘Existentialism’, but the words are provided by legendary author, Jean-Paul Sartre.

Picture strip


Layout unavailable on mobile phones (unless you click ‘view web version’ at page foot)
L-R: Green Party Logo, 
Sir Bradley Wiggins riding his final ’Tour of Britain’ skirts around Aldwych,
Beautiful Lottie, 
How i like my coffee? Espresso, 
View of West London from Shard, 
PG moves to stand straight.

Full-size pictures can be accessed through clicking a sample in ‘original sized images’ - the following link:

Over 2,500 page-views in May. Not the extreme numbers of last year, but a vast majority of the audience were here, in the UK, telling me that people do read what I type!

Elia Viviani :)


Some will argue that more victories are needed, at a wider range of races, internationally. However Olympic track champion, Elia Viviani, proved to the world that he is one-of-the best sprinters there is. Although they had overall victory courtesy of Chris Froome, Team Sky really did lose-out having sold five-time stage winner Elia Viviani. 

Social Media
I witness stories, and it hurts me that I cannot even attempt to replicate, or create ‘my version’. I stop and silently tell myself that I am living my story, it is far from finished, but undoubtedly it will be the one which gives me the most joy, and success! Introspect. Step back, look at YOURSELF. Be proud of yourself and where you are in life. No-one has lived like you!
(Everyone should feel this)

I am waiting.
I hear phrases everywhere such as ‘don’t wait for tomorrow’. 
I very much agree, but feel a lack of choice.
I don’t expect, as I cannot expect. I have nothing but a mysterious belief, to rely on.
Good things come to those who wait.

Tuesday 
‘everyone has bad days’ - Four simple, true words, supporting me at the end of the day,
supplied to me from a good friend.
I had felt rather down, as i have had a fairly empty diary this week. I like to be busy and active (for my new life), because i know that my life is not ‘busy and active’ (as many of you would regard).
Perhaps it is due to the contrast of how i begun the day (below…)

Process of smiling


Tuesday morning provided the citizens of London with grey, dull clouds, and miserable weather compared to that of the brilliant ‘Bank Holiday Weekend’. I set myself a mission. I left my flat wearing a content grin. I would  continue to wear this profile. I realised that I am always smiling. Some people would see me and copy. Many don’t (people probably don’t understand, and just think I am a simple man)! However I travelled down the high-street, and realised ‘my power’ (hehehe). Real affect could be had by altering my effect! The process of smiling  (changing mouth shape, eyes etc) is so effective. Anyone who I would engage with eye-contact (everyone looks at a wheelchair, but then a Human within it), would witness the process and have to intuitively share it back, and further on. A smile automatically spreads positivity.

It is late Friday afternoon. I am back home, after typing this text for this blog post in Hampton Wick's Hussar's Coffee Shop, as ever...
...However, as I crossed back over Kingston Bridge, on the way my eyes were caught by a fellow pedestrian about 50m ahead of me. Despite this, I carried on towards the market place. As I went past, I recognised Kasia Madej, as the 'global_kash' of Kingston-cyclist-Instagram fame!

No comments:

Post a Comment