Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 25 May 2018

Forty Nine

Look! Daddy, what’s that?
An inquisitive exclamation that I regularly hear from young children when accompanied by parents. The child is referring to my wheelchair, but I remain surprised as the parent does usually explain correctly! They explain that I am not the wheelchair, but I need to use it. 
This simple occurrence, recently helped to show me that people tend to think about my situation, correctly. It frustrates me greatly, that most new friends/acquaintances know of me as ‘man in wheelchair’. OK, this is fair enough, as I have required one for the past 12 years. However people don’t know me as an able-bodied human-being. I lived as an active/fit, fully able human, up to 22 years old (2006). I had graduated from design degrees at University. I had a close relationship with a wonderful girlfriend. But people only see me as ‘a wheelchair’.

A superb anthem from Noel Gallagher. 
‘The Man Who Built The Moon’



I really couldn’t bear to be thought of as arrogant. I don’t think I should be considered as such. However, I do know where my strengths and weaknesses lie. So I can feel both positive and proud, or, negative and disappointed, at correct times. Use your positive pride wisely (at selected moments). Less is more!

Courtney Barnett

’Tell Me How You Really Feel’ (released 18th May 2018)


100% is never 100%
Something can be 100% fact, conceptually, but not in reality. Space and time always vary, resulting, ultimately, in guesswork. 

I feel so uneasy at this time of year, everyone is smiling in the sun! The sun does bring a smile to your face, but I am left wondering where everyone has been on holiday (I presume that the smiles have been born on holiday, somewhere). This is because people don’t smile for the rest of the year!

Another ‘House Music’ tune, that I love.
Best loud, with heavy bass!



I am an emotional Arsenal fan. Having lost our leader of the past 22years, a replacement has been appointed. I was sat on the bus yesterday, travelling from South Kensington, southwards, over the Thames.

Original destination, St Lukes church, and South Kensington Station. I then took the 49 bus back to Clapham Junction.


49 to Clapham Junction’ 
I hear the bus announce the statement above. I want to correct it. It goes…
49, 49 Undefeated
49, 49 I Say
49, 49 Undefeated
playing Football the Arsenal Way.
2003/2004

May throughout Blog-life 
Blog born in Mid-December 2010 - Midpoints of each year
2011 - http://patrickgoodacre.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/ - ‘I shall never hang-up the bike’

Thursday PB
A ‘Personal-Best’ is made most times I train, but I mean to state that I attained my goal!
I had been focussing on my ‘Gym performance’ earlier this year. I have used the three-weeks of the Giro D’Italia to train at home (I cannot ‘hog’ longer time on the bike in the Gym). However on my ‘Home-MOTOmed’ longer sessions could be had. In three-week Grand Tour time, I have altered my scheme. A new goal (4x duration, aerobic test instead of power)
Giro three-weeks finishes on Sunday
20 minutes 5km (in lower gear resistance, so much higher RPM)!
A good, solid and successful time trial!
The advantage over real cycling, is that you can work your body into a trance-like pattern, with no external factors! 
In the zone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment