Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 13 April 2018

Power Crazy


If you are reading this on a mobile phone, i urge you to use the following link to read the explanatory introduction (including my accident of 2006, and following years), and a couple of intro posts from the life of this blog (7yrs5m)...


The Green Party, is about making the FAIR AND CORRECT decisions for all.  One prominent issue, is that everyone needs Earth's unique climate, therefore it is ESSENTIAL that this always takes priority.







I have a new case for my iPhone. I wanted to step away from plastics. There must be plenty of suitable materials other than a polymer compound?
I find one. Wood.

A German based company, ‘Kalibri’, has taken this ‘alternative approach’. My new case is a compound. Real, natural wood feel and look, but I believe that it must involve a polymer/plastic somehow. My opinion is that if a plastic polymer is not essential, then why use it?
I must be careful though. I do not want to promote them too much, because they also produce ‘leather mobile-phone cases’. They seem to offer designs, using the two extremes, of the ‘ethical scale’.

My cup

‘You’re obviously a man who takes his coffee seriously. I like it!’
Hehehe. Finally, I received  a welcome comment, regarding my use of my own espresso cup in a Coffee shop!  Often, I am looked upon, very strangely. People probably see the wheelchair, then my request for my cup to be used, and get very, very confused, or presume that I NEED  a special cup. No (I remember requiring such, about 10 years ago), I just NEED good coffee!.

Climate change uncertainty...
What will happen first?
A - Humans run out of Fossil-Fuels. No power available to sustain Human life.
Or...
B - Humans’ behaviour continues, increasing Global temperatures, resulting in more ‘Global disasters’, until we have nothing left.

Solutions: 
1 - Build a big wall protecting us from ‘Global Disasters’ (Trump-style)
or, our only real option...
2 - Research and develop sustainable power generation

Power crazy
Continued excavation of our Earth, to find more fossil fuels, is a finite process. By using them, we lose them, forever. Obviously, the most positive solution is generation of renewable power. Unfortunately, everyone wants to dismiss any possibility that these clean energies alone, will provide us enough.

I urge everyone to open their eyes, and view humans’ only other solution to the ’power-loss’ fear, without ‘corporate blinkers’ which narrow our vision down to apocalyptic failure. We cannot burn ourselves forever, we need to think sustainably, but we do know of a second alternative whose negative impact has been blown out of proportion due to human greed and therefore monstrously, humongous disaster. There are both tremendously positive aspects of success, but also devastatingly tragic examples of failure.  George Monbiot explains…

George Monbiot 'How did we get into this mess?' pg155

Personally, I believe that we must increase Global Research and Development of Sustainable Power Generation, we MUST STOP EATING OURSELVES. There are greedy humans among us, but we have to work together and focus on the goal that humans need too reach.

I take it home!
I felt furious, but i couldn’t be cross because they had kept my espresso-cup safe (i had accidentally left it behind)!


I have since been assured that the plastic water-cups are recycled (supposedly). Customers are not told to ‘recycle plastic cups’ (the recycling bin is hidden away ‘apparently’)! I am highly suspicious. Their toilet light is left constantly on!
Infuriating that such basic 'sustainability ethics' are completely ignored.

High-Street vendors surely would benefit sincerely, by advertising an ethical approach. Those that do not, should suffer compared to competitors. The government should introduce laws, improving the ethical consumption of society. Unfortunately, many will disagree with me, but sometimes people just ‘have to bite the bullet’, or even worse consequences await.

Currently, I always eat scrambled egg on toast, for lunch on Monday (WagsNTales, Surbiton). Partly because it is on my way home from the ‘NeuroGym’. However it is partly due to the fact that I have to remind myself that I am disabled, and I AM DIFFERENT. This fact is only viewed as a positive by me. It shows me how used to ‘disabled life’ (22+....), I have become. I used to feel such pain by my differences, but not so much now. Time heals, I guess. I can also recognise my improvements. Obviously, I have an audience who cannot know, or understand anything about me. I find power in this!

Brad Pitt and Jimmy Page explain the magic of the late Jeff Buckley.
A worthy tribute… 
Mind-blowing 


No comments:

Post a Comment