Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 20 April 2018

for yourself

If you are reading this on a mobile phone, i urge you to use the following link to read the explanatory introduction (including my accident of 2006, and following years), and a couple of intro posts from the early life of this blog ...

I recognise that many of you may still be ignorant of my ‘ICS Blogspot’. 

It helps prove my love for coffee, promoting 20 Independent Coffee Shops around the South-West arc of London, including central London.

I guessed correctly 
I would like to say my ‘experience’ has helped me, but, truthfully a combination of guesswork and mathematics were successful. I won!!!!! Yipee!!!!!!!! :)
WagsAndTales,Surbiton... How many coffee beans in the cup?



My Monday morning was free! The Neuro-Gym that I attend was in the process of re-location. 
Monday, no gym, so...
:)
I felt guilty, missing my exercise that day, so set myself a new target. Instead of cycling on my ‘MotoMED gym-bike’, for a ten-minute sprint, I increased the duration. I knew that I have been comfortable pushing myself for ten-minutes, had time spare, so I trebled it. Half an hour! I had power left near the end, so went for a 99% sprint for the final five minutes! I finished well, not too tired. Job done. Satisfied!

I have had an iPhone 6+ for over a couple of years, and I have found that my battery is running out quicker than before…
Investigation, in my ’Settings’ tells  me..
Although rechargeable power, the ‘Battery health’ has deteriorated to 82% of original 100%. Plenty, but it will continue to decrease. I want to slow the decrease, as much as possible.
This problem will, at some point, affect all users, so...

‘Low Power Mode’ (suggested as a safety net)
… Introduced with iOS 9, Low Power Mode is an easy way to extend the battery life of your iPhone when it starts to get low. Your iPhone lets you know when your battery level goes down to 20%, and again at 10%, and lets you turn on Low Power Mode with one tap. Or you can enable it by going to Settings > Battery. Low Power Mode reduces display brightness, optimizes device performance, and minimizes system animations. Apps including Mail will not download content in the background, and features like AirDrop, iCloud sync, and Continuity will be disabled. You can still use key functions like making and receiving phone calls, email, and messages, accessing the Internet, and more. And when your phone charges up again, Low Power Mode automatically switches off.
&
Reduce display ‘Brightness’
This is the answer I am relying on now. By sliding upwards, on the ‘home screen’, above settings can be adjusted. The ‘Brightness Level’ bar, can be decreased, saving a lot of power (see above).

George Monbiot provides essential reading for EVERYONE. 
In his book ‘How Did We Get Into This Mess?’, Monbiot is potentially, the ultimate whistleblower on much of the outrageous behaviour of those with power.
I cannot recommend this book enough!



Please vote for yourself. You have an opinion. If you don’t vote, you are letting those in power, back in, and nothing will change!

In the words of Baroness Jenny Jones, the sad state of current politics are explained…
‘If you don’t have a Green in the room, these problems aren’t discussed.’


‘There is no such thing as constant growth.’
Certain Politicians sometimes behave so greedily, without a care in the world. Naively, they fail to understand that expansion must finish somewhere. 

I found this YouTube clip yesterday, so I have yet to watch it fully. The first four strums of guitar, introducing the opening track, hooked me. The song is over 20 years old, but then again I am 33!
I will say no more, but I share it for you.



Thank you Arsene. Big news today. My favourite football team has been led by the finest manager that football has ever seen, for more than half of my life. He had written to me personally, following my accident, providing so much encouragement and self-belief that I needed. Professionally, he achieved a goal that I don’t believe will ever be replicated. Now he has announced his retirement. He has always, and will always deserve total respect from everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment