Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 30 March 2018

point of no-return


I open this week’s post with a cover version of a cover song! Morgan James covers the whole Jeff Buckley album ‘Grace’. Track six, is Jeff Buckley’s version of Hallelujah (originally written by Leonard Cohen). As Buckley’s version is correctly held in such high regard, the cover she sings here is also beautiful, clean and pure. James does not attempt to personalise the song.

Social skill
I know that I cannot be the most outgoing, social butterfly, with my disability, requiring a wheelchair. However, I am content, as i have always been able to rely on my social mental ability. Some people (fully-able) stick out supremely, due to their basic, social inabilities. Egocentric rudeness is witnessed regularly in a high-street caffe, in Surbiton. Unfortunately such oblivious behaviour is probably copied at many similar sites. I seriously urge EVERYONE to ‘wake-up and start respecting people’.
This note is caused by witnessing the number of comuters who get off the train at Surbiton Station, rush to get drugged up (extra large, double mocchacino with cream, and ‘hundreds ’n’ thousands), and expect priority of everything, because they may work ‘in the City’. Queue up, and be aware. Don’t immerse yourself in your mobile phone. Be polite to staff, ALWAYS.
I get horrified by people who approach the ’secondary counter’ and take anything and everything that is free. GROW UP! Nothing is free in reality. Somewhere or somehow there is a cost to everything. The more your greed grabs, the weaker you become.

Traumatic Brain Injury Recovery is a journey without a destination. I am on the lifeline railway but not aboard ‘the human train’. I am on a road to nowhere. It is difficult.




Broken down
and hungry for your love
But no way to feed it

The cover at the start of this post, has me ‘in the zone’. So, an acoustic performance by the master himself, of my favourite song on ‘Grace’.
Burning in the corner,  
Is the only one,
Who dreams he had you with him



Hehehe. Be careful, there are benefits of using ‘Siri’, (or any voice recognition tool), on a mobile phone, but there is a flaw.

‘What?’
‘Sorry, I am speaking to my Siri!’
I use Siri on my iPhone, more and more. More and more people find me talking to my phone, but now it is literally! Gulp!


I went to Wembley, to watch England v Italy, on Tuesday. I had been to ‘the old Wembley’ many, many times, but this was my first since it has been rebuilt. Absolutely incredible. 
I admit that I am only so aware of ‘universal/accessible design’, since requiring it. I was always aware that it was needed , but it has only been since 2006, have I been struck when it is not provided wherever needed. Wembley gets full-marks!
England V Italy. I am a fan of both. Best result? No-one loses.

James Tarkowski is a young, inexperienced player who will learn what can or cannot be done, on an international stage.

Screenshot from ITV Sport


How his this not a penalty?
Ok, it WAS dubious, but it was a hero (Federico Chiesa, a Fiorentina star), so I HAVE TO be biased to convince myself! 🤪

5 is max
I will never admit to being addicted to coffee. I am a strong lover of a good cup of coffee, and i know that my maximum limit has increased from three per day to five per day in only a few years. I may want a sixth but i can stop, therefore is this really ‘addiction’?

A close-up photo of my Bialetti coffee machine, having reached the heated pressure point of no-return!








1 comment: