Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 23 March 2018

Move on...

 'The Shark' Nibali can attack rivals on a descent. Saturday allowed him to show how.

 A tight chase onto the Via Roma in San Remo, ensued.

The Italian had time to celebrate a home victory.


Wow! One of the best ever!
Screenshot photos (above) depict Vincenzo Nibali’s victorious ‘Classicisima’ of last Saturday. The Milan-San Remo cycle race classic, is traditionally the season-opener. Both the opening of the Paris-Nice stage race, and this opening ‘one-day classic’ involved two of the best finishes. Watching the photo-finish of four-riders (La premier étape de Paris-Nice), equalled the amazement I felt when watching Vincenzo Nibali’s solo attack over the Poggio, victoriously into San Remo. Vincenzo’s pure determination to hold-off the chasing pack of sprinters, was mind-blowing.

Although, there is not a great way of me finding out about audience wishes, ‘comments’ that are left by yourselves, below blog posts, are always read with care, highly valued and greatly appreciated. Thank you to those who have done so. Please, I encourage you to leave as much feedback as you can. It allows me to recognise that you are real people, not just numbers! The more that I learn about my audience, the better!

Alarming !!
World Health Organisation fact (2008)



The above photo is of page 76 of my current read (‘How did we get into this mess?’ By George Monbiot). I highlight this alarming fact which was written in 2008, as I was totally unaware of this problem. I am ashamed by my ignorance, but feel that this devastating fact, should be more widely recognised.

Ohhhhhh!!!  Grrrr! 
I may NEVER be fully happy again! 
Frustrating. Extremely Frustrating.
I am content though. I had found this perfect state of pure happiness, well over ten years ago. One cannot live continually, in heaven. I am not just talking about ‘physical love’, I mean a much broader term...‘mental satisfaction’.
I can exchange smiles with girls, but, I feel that my wheelchair acts as a bubble around me. I am constantly reminded of my disability. On seeing it, everyone fears the worst (much of which may be correct). I still have the mindset of an able-bodied human, but I am trapped. Beneath car, aged 22 +2 months ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... nothing...

Move on.
Progress. Just like our Earth does. 
We must show care for our planet. We need it.



I can inform you all now, that I am a Green Party candidate for my local Royal Borough of Kingston Council elections, on May 3rd. I will be standing where I am resident in St Marks ward, Surbiton. Vote as you wish but I urge you to open your eyes, recognise problems that EVERYONE faces. Don’t fall into the trap of voting by habit. Problems are ignored by certain parties, but continue to exist, or worsen. They are ‘swept under the carpet’ and forgotten, if you don’t have a Green in the room.
Kingston Green Party are posting key candidates in two wards, amongst the other wards of Kingston.
Support
Joe Holder in ‘Canbury’ ward election, or 
Simon Jakeman if in ‘Chessington North & Hook’ ward.
#OneGreenMakesaDifference
Vote Green




I heard Sarah Jarosz’s cover of the Dylan tune on the radio. I love this tune.
Simple Twist of Fate


Aerobic training. I enjoy trying my upmost, even if only managing to equal personal records. I give myself proof that I have pushed myself to my current physical limit, I can give no more. If I beat my PB, my limit may not have been reached, truth is unknown. Performance may have been affected by anything.!!
(Or, that’s my excuse!)


;)

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting to note that you’re a Green candidate for St Mark’s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why? Is this your ward? If so, you know what to do!!!
      hehe
      ;)

      Delete