Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 19 August 2016

maybe tomorrow

I want to share my findings, on this blog. Music provides me so much pleasure, I hope that you are all as similar. As I discover things that please my own ear, I feel desire to promote the piece amongst friends.

I should have predicted that an 'acoustic album' was destined to be released by Jack White (such an amazing guitarist). His undoubted passion for music (felt through 'White Stripes', 'Raconteurs', 'Dead Weather' albums, Live performances, and more), culminates through one of the most obvious routes, an acoustic album! :)

Jack White Acoustic Recordings 1998-2016 out September 9th

The main purpose of this blog, is to attempt to provide people with power to yield some recognition of how lucky we all are. Only with such power can we maintain 'humanity' as something of such beauty. Not 'aesthetic beauty', but 'psychological/conceptual beauty'. Fortunately humans cannot desire further than what is realistically possible. Therefore maintenance and sustainability of our world, is so essential. To progress, we must maintain.

Sat-nav
Modern technology. Mobile phones. Androids and Smart phones.
I am sent an email, informing me of an event at an unfamiliar destination. I am free to experiment the trip, the following day, so do. I have the postcode. I sit on the bus, tracking myself through 'GoogleMAPS', on my iPhone. I reach my destination, astounded by how easy it is. I feel like I have cheated, and realise that I have pretty much just stared at my phone for navigation, and not opened my eyes and looked around. It is with realising this fact, that I am horrified, thinking that people do not need to navigate with their eyes, anymore. This is such a basic cognitive ability we must not lose.
On the positive side, we should all realise that this 'SatNav ability', opens the door to everything, everywhere and everyone! This world is small.



Second music piece, this week, is so much smaller, and needs further investigation, promotion etc.
Welshman Llantwit Major is on very small, early steps, recording as 'To Bear Sir'.
Regular readers of this blog will not be surprised to find that he is an artist who uses his vocal talents along with electro-acoustic guitar.

Llantwit Major - Wales

I love this :)
I hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment