Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 12 August 2016

Identities

Instagram. I do not like seeing photos of myself. I do not understand the concept of 'selfies'. I think it is for people who fancy themselves more than others. I cannot smile naturally, at myself (who can?). I enjoy the power of my outward-looking mind. I cannot stand what people see when they view me, but I know that I am strong enough to battle this. I know that if I like whatever/wherever I see, then I may record it through photography. I am fortunate that I don't have to view me, but I get to be me. My mind is soooo deep. I know for sure, that humans only view each other by aesthetic surfaces, primarily, but our minds are soooo much deeper.
Sorry, I have had a 'cull' of who I follow on Instagram. If I still follow you, you are a good friend! :)
Above, was a personal note, to me, reminding me that a 'cull' was needed!

Facebook identity


My new 'profile pic' is a combination of both a quirky photograph, and my 'PG logo' (previously used). Unique (obviously).

Embarrassed, I hang my head in shame. On hearing the single, 'Drive' on the radio, this week, I incorrectly named the artist as 'Agnes Obel'. Marissa Nadler released her first album, 'July' in 2013, and I played it non-stop. I loved it. I only discovered 'Philharmonics' by Agnes Obel in the same year. My pathetic excuse. 



Marissa Nadler

Anyhow, she has a 2016 album, 'Strangers'. Very good. Personally, I have only listened to it a couple of times, so I cannot comment in detail.

In the supermarket, Monday afternoon. A smiling lady approached me. I pulled a puzzled face, as I was unaware.
'Hello I've been reading your blog.'
I cannot remember whether she actually introduced her name, or not (sorry, if I've forgotten).
Pleased, I was reminded that you readers are not just numbers, but actual people!

I am in a chain cafe, having had a small hot chocolate (rare), and I could really do with some water. However, I refuse to be given a cardboard cup (previously explained sustainability issues). I am given a glass of water! :)
Thank you Anna!



It saddens that all drinks are now sold in these ‘plastic/card cups’. All drinks are primarily marketed to us, for ‘consuming-on-the-go’. Has everyone lost the ability to taste a drink? Drinks are now sold to be used as a hydration method, rather than a taste experience! 

New music.
Warpaint.

Oh mannnnn!
Frustration. 
I no longer have the pure 'drive and determination' that I have used successfully for the past ten years. 
Well actually, I am just very tired currently! ;)

I made the above note, I was tired, but rules are rules, so I must include it in my blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment