Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 3 June 2016

Life seems so obscene,



The EU referendum. This is serious. It is too close to call. Please just think about what we, the rest of Europe, and everyone risks to lose if we choose to break off, alone.
Please make sure you do your bit to keep this country stable. Global stability relies on British stability. Vote REMAIN.
Please.





More often than not...
I smile, I can't help but smile
No matter how low I feel inside my mind, as soon as I am outside, amongst the general public, I have to smile. Although very busy public environments do not induce a smile.

"Charming man"
I was introduced, complimented for being such. I admit that I could be considered 'charming', however I do not know if I find this complimentary. Perhaps my problem is that I am very sarcastic, much of the time, and 'charming' is very regularly used as a sarcastic, derogatory term.

I follow a pair of suit-wearing young men, with identical short haircuts who accompany a young woman. I always feel so different. I never lived that life. I never wanted to, but I never had the chance to. I had almost finished 'student-life', then I wake up, disabled, in hospital!?

I've missed out on potentially a few wonderful, life-defining years of life, instead, I experienced them as 'restart from DOS' mode. Fortunately I had backed-up some files, but my brain had crashed, so I had lost key programme files. Several basic programmes were lost. Much of the data that I retained is worth nothing without the ability to run the programmes. 
Oh, I am human! 

I always get all the nutters who see my wheelchair, get scared, then get the need to greet me with a 'hello'. I acknowledge all, but sometimes I am left dumbfounded. This is often not taken kindly, I often feel even further sub-normal.

'God bless you, and a speedy recovery.'
I was grabbing lunch in a large, Kingston sandwich cafe, opening my chocolate-covered cranberries, when a man tapped me on the shoulder, calmly giving me those words. Kind words, but I didn't respond. I was left with my mind distressed. I thought that I am used to living my life now, but I will forever be dumbfounded, hurt, and surprised, by being considered so different from, and below everyone else.
Forgive,
Forget
Continue

Only recently, earlier this week, do I find the BBC webpage 'Ouch: Disability' (weblink)...
Very interesting, I recommend. Whilst listening to an episode, I was introduced to the term 'Wheelchair-Freed' instead of 'Wheelchair Bound'. I hate the latter term. Sooooo negative. A term to be used by most, describes the gain of freedom through a wheelchair, without which bed-ridden. 



People will not like what i say here. I am sorry.
I don’t believe that we all have a ‘free will’. It can be argued by ‘determinism’, that, infact, no-one has a 'free will’.
I agree with this belief…

But... 'On one hand, if determinism is true, all our actions are predicted and we are assumed not to be free; on the other hand, if determinism is false, our actions are presumed to be random and as such we do not seem free because we had no part in controlling what happened.'



 I heard that 'the thing of the future' is a glass coffin...
Potentially very good, but remains to be seen.
...
...
;)

Always credit your jokes, where possible. So, thank you Chet Patel. V good!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment