Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 5 February 2016

break-away artist

I have always had this inner desire to break-away, ride alone, and win alone.  This mindset was learnt as a cyclist. Cycling can be considered as a team sport, however a team is made up of individuals, riding independently. Now, I have no choice but to use it, I have no teammates. Whether people choose to accept this fact or not, I am alone. Everybody's alone. Alone with everybody.



One of my favourite artists, first spotted by myself on 'Later... with Jools', 2010.


In my opinion, Diane's latest album is her level best (latest 'Nous' is equal with first 'Bible Belt'). As a fan on social media, I was directed to this link...
You can stream a sample, or download the whole album...
Released on February 1st.

Live for the moment. Smile. Do not plan too far ahead. You will have minimal fear. There is nothing worse than fear. You will have little expectancy, therefore little disappointment. You will realise that you are lucky and good things are amazing. The world is amazing.
... We must be careful not to take our world for granted.

Hehehe :)

I received an unexpected  compliment. Welcome. Very welcome. I am very unsure, of my beard, myself, but now it has been affirmed, it stays! ;)

New phone
Scary 
So, I upgraded my iPhone on Wednesday. Although scary losing my old one, part of the reason I am in contracts with O2, is that, along with Apple, they offer a 'buy back' scheme. This helps create a sustainable loop. It brings me great joy that I am not generating an ever-growing stream of waste. I do not know if these schemes are widely available or not. They should be!
6+ = my5c + money!!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment