Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 12 February 2016

a bit further out!

I am forced to do it a lot, but thinking about my situation, future life, aims and desires, scares and saddens me, so I prefer to live life as is. 

Jeff Buckley - Grace




After hearing 'So real' played on 6Music, early in the week, I chose to listen to the whole album. Although it was for the first time in ages, I sung loudly, freely, along with every word of the album 'Grace'. In doing so, I realised my love for this album. Although I have forever rated 'OK Computer' by Radiohead the best, and still do, but I hold 'Grace', closer. The Jeff Buckley album is my favourite. Times change.

Best team Tika taka goal 😎...
It reminds me of one that I scored, but I was a bit further out!

Ok, I'm in a wheelchair and yet to venture onto an aeroplane, in one. It does not bother me personally, as I have felt no need to travel with such. ***EDIT*** . There is humungous ecological effect each flight causes.
(I edited my original note, which would've caused trouble)

Vday
'Oh yeh, I forgot, I do love my partner!'
.... Oh please WTF!&@!?


I stutter in amusement and despair. This coming Sunday is Valentines Day. I find nothing less-romantic, than most of the **** that is rammed down our throats by shopping centres and supermarkets. People who are in a romantic relationship should not need reminding, if they do then maybe they are not in a romance. I don't want to exclude myself. This is the first for many years that I do not participate. Gifts/cards have been bought/given in the past, but I have been advised not to waste my time this year. More coffee for ME!!!

A wonderful set of words!
Good man!



Not 'wheelchair friendly' but 'accessible'
A super-colleague/good friend wanted to check with me the terminology that she should use, when promoting an event she was organising. We both know that I provide nothing official, merely personal opinion. 
My argument was that having a 'wheelchair friendly' venue is good but, the term can be considered quite divisive, and belittling. 
A better, more inclusive term was my choice. 'Accessible'. This term is less specific, more generic, and applicable to everybody.
 
Don’t Believe The Truth
Second music reference of the week. Oasis from 2005. Brilliant, brilliant. My favourite Oasis album? hmmm




No comments:

Post a Comment