Welcome to my blog. It varies how regular I write posts here. I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 7 August 2015

Five-day ban!!

Hello, I type this post in a cafe, as ever, but (and it is a big BUT) I have hot chocolate as I am on a coffee ban. Self-imposed, a good friend and i decided, on Thursday that our next coffee would be had on my birthday, which is FIVE days away! I did warn her that, she may be facing manslaughter charges come the weekend!

Sat on the Sunday facing the river.
Huge psychological distress which way do I choose?
The note above refers to a big decision that I found myself facing on Sunday. I was sat by the riverside considering where to go. Do I choose to continue on, into Kingston to watch the bike race of professional cyclists, armed with my iPhone/camera. Or, do I choose to return to Surbiton to see my very attractive, good friend?
Rubbish pics!!
Sorry Kelly, cycling won my battle, but I was distracted, and failed to take any half decent photos!

I choose the highlights, too late
Sunday was an interesting day. I had also chosen the cycling over watching 'my team' beat Chelsea and win their third trophy after last season's FA Cup(ahem)! I felt so guilty because, not only had I 'failed my team', but once the highlights had finished (including the interview with 'Lord Arsene'), it was then too late to phone my friend! I felt bad, no phonecall, rubbish photographs of the cycling, but thankfully Arsenal put it right! :) 
Thank you Kelly! ;) 

My music supply this week, was heard on 6music, but then Soak also featured on 'the Tiny Desk Concerts'...



coffee ban for 5 days!!
it hurts, but no problem really. I am only 1 day in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment