Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 31 July 2015

don't ignore the energy

Amazingly, you all probably already know that the Tour de France concluded last weekend. The world's toughest race was won by a Briton for the third time in the last four years! Back in the days of drug cheats, British did not stand a chance. We are able to review, in disgust, how our very own Chris Boardman could only target successfully the opening prologue time trial before failing in valiant attempts to compete with cheats. As Boardman was a professional, he was forced into the 'omerta' (law of silence). Fortunately, times change.

LeTour pics
Hairpins of L'Alpe D'Huez  


Yet another screen capture, depicting L'Arc de Triomphe as circuits of the Champs Elysees are completed.

As one cannot walk, one's ability to do absolutely anything is questioned, by everyone. 'Doubt' is such huge balloon to carry. I am however, incredibly proud, so ignore those who doubt. My determination to prove them wrong, is a large driving force. It has been for the last eight years, and I will continue to use this.

Calm before the storm - KCIL (Kingston Centre for Independent Living)?
My work for KCIL is seasonal. I'm also able to offer my graphic design skills, voluntarily, elsewhere, but it seems that work loads will come and go. I guess that this is a similar situation for most people.  

I posted on the KAT blog my congratulations to the Royal Borough, It has been recognised that the borough is at the forefront of accessibility.


Some things are just 'meant to happen'. Find the positives, live through them, and you'll become positive yourself.
If down, try and find the positive reasoning as to why the negative has happened. We should not ignore the energy provided by a negative. We need to learn to use it. Using it does not mean that one should necessarily take the easy option, of creating an opposite reaction. Everyone must learn how malleable things are. How can we twist the negative, and work it's energy to our positive advantage? Basic mathematics and physics, shows us that only positive things exist.






No comments:

Post a Comment