Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 10 July 2015

Sprint King

The battle that I witness. Commercially, there is only one winner. However, I spotted this confrontation early, and rest comfortably on my morals. Taste helps me!
Frappe v Americano+water+money ?
My high principles will not allow my money to be misspent for a multi-national, greedy corporation, serving nothing but sugar and fat, claiming it is coffee! Don't fall for it.
There is nothing more refreshing than ice-cold water. If coffee is needed as well, have coffee. Just coffee.

Independence
I witness other disabled, wheelchair users. My feeling of despair for their situation may be balanced by a crazy feeling of immense pride and gratitude. Most users are accompanied by a carer or someone who is co-living their life. The fear of having to settle for this was insurmountable and drove me forward, through key stages of rehabilitation. I am now so used to living independently, but I want more.

You're a good shopper 
A comment that I was given by a till-worker, whom regularly serves me at my local supermarket. Further pride is gained here, as I recognise that I do shop sensibly. I do not accurately pre-calculate what is to be bought, but I am confident in my mental ability of balancing prices of what goes in my basket! Quality never drops! Quantity always suffices! Obsolescence is always avoided.

Midway through it's fifth year, my blog has had key highlights...

Birth

Beliefs of Fate/Destiny

Lyrics

Olympics 

You flirt with everyone

30th birthday 

A load of rubbish

Angel Olsen

I rediscovered an artist, whose album was released last year, but superbly suited my mood this week...

NME free
Big news! I heard on the radio that there are plans for NME to become a free newspaper! I do not know much else, but this is such a devastating result of the current state of the commercial music industry.

I love my mobile phone
I am not giving details but, twice my mobile phone rang this past week, surprisingly, informing me of potentially very good news for me!

I feel despair. Waterloo suits, bless them. They do not live. Everyday robots, shipped in on trains to earn money. I am so glad that I am different.
I made the above note yesterday, whilst on the Southbank during 'rush hour'. I remember how I used to feel sadness and despair at my situation, and desire to be one. I have reached an age now that I no longer feel this angst. I have instead, twisted it, suiting myself.

And finally...
CONGRATULATIONS CAV 
(Mark Cavendish - winner of stage July 10, Tour de France)


... A mighty fine sprint, by the true Sprint King!


No comments:

Post a Comment