Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 3 July 2015

34

I begun the last week, on a super-relaxing holiday, with close family,  en angleterre (sud-est)...
Hmmm. It worries me, sometimes, that when I am not happy, people know. This could obviously be reversed into a positive, but no. I am too used to living independently. I am soooooo used to living a very simple life, I get upset/angry when I find out that there is soooooo much more that I really want to be able to do, but I cannot. I am used to living resourcefully, limited. It upsets me, realising that there is soooooo much more to life, outside of my bubble! Obviously, I try to grow my 'bubble', with time. I have successfully grown my 'bubble' well, for eight years!

Maybe it is the sunny weather! I cannot bear everyone smiling, if I am already feeling downish.
However, it is end of the week now, Canadian family begins to arrive, this weekend, Le Grand Depart of LeTour is tomorrow, and the sun has got it's hat on! Hip hip HOORAY!!! This coffee is good!


Everything equals. Call on this fact, when needed. It means that the sum of all negatives equals the sum of all positives. Make sure you can find the positives, and live through these.

Sun 34

... A screenshot of my iPhone from Wednesday 1st!! We are just beginning summer, but, 'oh man, in Surbiton we do things properly!'

I just cannot help but speak the truth
The above note shows part of the reasoning behind my new 'self-confidence'. Just like this blog, I happily speak truthfully, ensuring that output is positive only. It has only been in recent years that I have truly developed this. I live with nothing to hide. I am in a wheelchair, and my disability is obvious! I speak the truth and it is well received. People will not understand what I have been through, so there is no point in painting a picture. It is so much easier to just speak the truth. People are happy to hear the truth.  

Wakehurst Place
... Visited, whilst away, these three photos were chosen, showing the simple but powerful contrast between the beauty of nature, and the strength of humanity.





No comments:

Post a Comment