Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Thursday 25 June 2015

only a facade

Bonjour! Je suis Francais pour trois semaines en Juillets, but it is still June so normal language resumes...

Currently very few people live their lives. People live through mobile phones or Internet/email. Very few of us live and experience our own lives anymore. Communication ability levels are overtaking ourselves. People do not stop and give themselves time to think, they are too busy communicating to someone else who is elsewhere.



I am content. I know that, essentially, humans are just minds. Each mind has a physical body representing it. This body only provides a facade that only lives for a certain age. Our minds can live forever, as souls. Souls of lost ones, do not live actively, however human minds can leave a legacy forever.

Splints memory of splint faith  - Guitar fingers
I type the above note, signifying how fortunate I am that I have always had faith in splints. Before my accident I would regularly find myself creating various 'homemade splints' (made of elastic bands etc). I would wear these overnight, with effect. I may have been practicing a stretch of fingers that was needed when playing the guitar. Although I'm a seriously more problematic situation, now, I have always had faith to call on.

Is gravitational pull, the only  truly 'sustainable resource'?
An issue that I have only just found myself pondering. I really do not know the answer. Many 'sustainable' power resources, are reliant on 'something else'. Solar power is nothing without the sun. Wind power is nothing without the wind. Hydro-electric power is nothing without water. Humans need all three to exist, but gravitational attraction happens anywhere in the universe, requiring just two objects of any kind...? This attraction can be interpreted and used as a force. This force must be able to be used as a source of energy... No?

I remember living life, setting imaginary goals and targets which i would plan to reach in later life. It does scare me when I realise how much of 'my future', I had planned. This designing was for nothing? NO, it has made me who i am. You cannot design life!

I am at a cafe, at the bar, although unusual today. No espresso this time, cranberry juice instead. I feel strange doing this, but then...
WTF!?!
'Chai latte iced with skimmed milk!’
The next person orders the above creation. This isn’t the first time I have heard of such, but c’mon what is this? In ‘a cafe’? It is not a zoo!
I despair and then tell myself off, for feeling such a reaction!
(i apologise if the language used, causes offence. Unintentional)

No comments:

Post a Comment