Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 19 June 2015

mmmmmm mmmmmmmm ;)

Ok, it is that time of year again, when I thrust you a load of screen-grabs of the cycling!


Briton Chris Froome, won Dauphine Libere, ahead of Teejay Van Garderen

 Fellow Brit, Steve Cummings broke clear, on the final stage

The Tour de Suisse, features the mighty, fearsome Gotthard Pass


Please excuse me but I am excited. Hell froze over, and I admit that I fell out of love with my sport, a bit. I found that this year's tour promises to be one of the most exciting in my lifetime. Why? No individual time trials!!!! The Alpe D'Huez (my mountain), on penultimate day! I  have put money on the race (for the first time ever)! Nairo Quintana (Colombian super climber), and a lesser known rider, that I shan't reveal!
Le Tour warm-up

I actually type this post early in the week, as I am free today (Wednesday), less so on Friday. I blush with embarrassment as I admit to using a cafe on High Street Kensington, drinking a cappuccino, eating a tiramisu!!! When in Rome...
:p
;)



I am so unbelievably grateful of this blog. I need to believe that I will reach happiness. This blog (along with my notes, stored on my mobile phone), proves to me that people do listen to, and comprehend my thoughts, worldwide. I spend a ridiculously large amount of time with coffee, and very little (if any) time, socially with other humans. I do feel down occasionally (everyone does), but then I feel cross with myself, reminding  myself of just how lucky I am. I would not wish any of my experiences on anyone. I am very proud of myself, no-one else can attempt to understand.

someone got a ‘preview’!!!
First time ever (honest). I wrote the above note on Saturday. I then bumped into her in the afternoon, and I wanted to check it with her. Was I being too deep/cryptic? I read it and was successfully praised.  I needed her affirmation as these thoughts were/are troubling me. Thank you Kelly.

I reach the end of the pavement, awaiting to cross the road. A car approaches...
The car has stopped, and is waving me across.
'No!!! For crying out loud!'
I get mighty stressed, by this situation. It is just an everyday issue, that EVERYONE negotiates. People have to wait for cars! It offends me dearly that I am not considered 'a person'.

I communicate what I want to communicate, on my blog. My mind has a lot of other stuff in it, that I don't want to share. I am not 100%! No-one is.
The above sentences are similar to my second note, although not 'previewed'. It is simple, and makes sense. No explanation needed.

Slate.com - 
The Colour and the Shape was the Foo Fighters’ second album, and the one that silenced notions of the band being a flash in the pan riding on Dave Grohl’s name. It’s now considered one of the best rock records of the ’90s, but it still has its undiscovered pleasures—like this rarely heard, deeply satisfying cover of Gerry Rafferty’s “Baker Street,” which was a B-side to hit single “My Hero.”
I searched unsuccessfully, attempting to find this MP3. Not on ITunes, or Spotify.  I am sooo happy that I bought the rare cd, when released! 
I am sorry to hear the unfortunate news of Mr Grohl's injury. Get Well Soon ;)

Another extract from my Kindle...
Christian Larsson - 'Your forces and how to use them'

No comments:

Post a Comment