Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 17 July 2015

... play on





"You are a good driver"
"I'm a pro. I do it for a living"
A comment given to me, and my response. The workman thanked me for successfully negotiating my wheelchair through a tight gap of various paint pots and bowls. Proud of myself, I gave the sarcastic response. It made me smile as I was able to recognise the skills I had necessarily developed over the recent years.

Fly Golden Eagle are a band that I only recently discovered through 6Music (but their first release was much earlier. I am late!)



The kid thrust back his bottle, took a step closer, staring in amazement.
I was amused, travelling home, yesterday. A mother stepped aside, allowing me space. As I progressed, a young child appeared. He stepped off of his scooter, towards me, just gazing in amazement.
WHAT...
His mother then had the difficult job of explaining what a wheelchair is.
I smiled, and was gone!

The Tour is being dominated by Brit Chris Froome, but we are just over halfway...
My favourites, Movistar in team time-trial mode...


I visited Central London last week, utilising my map on my mobile phone. I was amazed to find the Millennium Wheel, spinning around on my phone! I guess map-reading has evolved!
Small things...


Chemical
I do not have the new album yet (released today)
'Born in the Echoes' by The Chemical Brothers, promises a lot...


No comments:

Post a Comment