Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 14 November 2014

So it goes...


Hmmm. I begin by relating to 'Rememberance Sunday', of the past week. Many people have visited the 'Tower of London', which has exhibited an amazing poppy display. Amazing it is, yet it perhaps should not be a surprise. It has been over a century since the beginning of the Great War, we should remember all wars anyway. Therefore we should always remember. No matter what ethnicity, origin, belief, or race.

Always remember. Always allow rememberance, of whoever, by whoever. We all are taught differently, thankfully.




Very few things 'ignite ME' a you anymore. Well different things. Coffee.
I want to learn about it... 

The above note was made much earlier in the week. I was feeling a bit lost, but then quickly found myself, as I completed the note! I researched online, finding an exciting project for myself as a graphic designer.

Pencil sharpener 


A pencil sharpener. Hmm, remember them? Hehe, I joke (sort of). I was writing my shopping list, using a blunt pencil. As I knew where the sharpener is kept, I decided it was needed. I realise that this sounds very strange and pathetic, but I found immense joy in using this tool.  Saddened by myself, I remembered how regularly I used to use one, but then figured that I am probably not alone. Although emails, Internet and tablet devices are wonderful, we must remember the wonderful simplicity of a pencil and paper!

I have stayed strong enough to refrain  from starting my day, with a coffee at breakfast. I admit that I have felt tempted, but I've stayed strong.

Life in a wheelchair. Hmmm, able-bodied people usually find themselves in a position of 'giving-way' or allowing myself to pass through a tight gap, first. However should myself (in a wheelchair) come across a 'motor-buggy', they are usually driven by an OAP speed-demon, zipping along without a care for anything or anyone! Unfortunately these maniacs count as wheelchair users (even if I I see them walking around town, later)! Grrrrrr
Old people speeding alongside  in buggies

See a gap? Just go for it!
Hehehe! I continue, talking about my wheelchair driving skills. I am self-confident(as you all know), and quite proud of my wheelchair-driving ability. I am confident that my former life as a keen cyclist has the answer. My ability of judging sizes, gaps, gradients was initially partly learnt as a mountain-biker (North-downs, and French Alps)!

My next note is one word.
Chocolate 
Hehehe. I want to proclaim myself as 'banning chocolate'. The heavenly taste was experienced the other day. I realise that I may taste chocolate, through other means (such as coffee mochas, or hot-chocolate drinks), but there is nothing like biting into a chunk of chocolate! I will refrain, as the longer I go without, the better it will be! ;)

smoke fairies
There is news from an upcoming release, of a new album from a pair of 'my new music favourites' ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkgc2fLVAXg



I return home, as I am unlocking my door, I am singing 'So it goes'. I want to listen. Decisions, decisions...
Do I scroll through the alphabet three times on ipod(artist, album, song), or do I hope my cd will not jump/skip?
IPod wins...

so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment