Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 7 November 2014

... 'play on!'

OK, i type this in my flat, frustrated as I have typed this blogs post during the day, but I have just deleted!  :(

Fortunately I have all the notes, so i will type again. As I know that this process is energetic for me, you guessed correctly, coffee will be made! :)

Yay, my coffee, not some shop's (mine IS the best).


First note of the week, was actually made last weekend. Oh man, I have seen Dave Grohl in a variety of guises, but he is best known leading the Foo Fighters. He is a legend, and so, I view everything that he does with much regard. He is currently showing on BBC, with the Foo Fighters, a documentary tv series, 'Sonic Highways'. Behind-the-scenes footage of their upcoming album creation.
Much studio action is combined with relevant interviews etc. A must for any fan of the Foos.

Foo Fighters

My second note, is another music tip-off.
Parov Stelar 
I 'discovered' this through a friend online. OK, a few years old, but new to me! I heard, liked, investigated and downloaded (all online). It's the 21st century, man!!
Although some of it is eclectic, I was attracted most by his superb montage of electronic house and swing jazz musics.

Unusual, but I heard that eggs are being sold separately in France. Apparently the future is no longer 'bulk buy'. In France, one egg is...
un ouef :(

Teeheeheehee. I am always complimented for my humo..
...No there is no point in trying to hide! Sorry.

Back to serious matters, relating to 'wheelchair life'...
Accessible toilets are rare. Hmmm, ok, we know this. However, they do exist. When a toilet is 'accessible', rarely is the whole room designed accessibly. Unless, they are 'wheelchair-specific', the room is designed for able bodies. Rarely, do i go into a toilet and can view the mirror. OK, the actual toilet and sink are useable, but anything else?...
... Hmmm I am excusing myself for always having a faceful of cappuccino!    
Mirrors 

I know that 'Lily & Madeleine' have a new album out, so I was investigating online, when I stumbled across this superb US website. Whilst essentially it is a big website with a lot of news and politics, I skipped, going straight into the tremendous archive of live music. I highly recommend. 

US news and politics? No no
Live Music? Yes Yes


The Angel Olsen album is good, however I read reviews and decided against Banks'. There is so much on this npr.org including a variety of genres. All quality. 

Disney hit the streets of Kingston in the summer.
Naughty Mickey :)


Life in rehabilitation. I know I pushed as hard as I could. This satisfies. Life was extremely tough, but I would now be living through hell, if I thought that I could have done more. 

I am alternative (I've always thought this).
Fortunately, I still believe that somehow everything equals, else I would be 'elsewhere'.

No comments:

Post a Comment