Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 31 October 2014

Ooooooooooh ooooooooooh oooooooooh... er....

Happy Halloweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Ok, I type this post on the last day of the longest month of the year. 31days, but one is 25hours...

I could be viewed as slightly masochistic but my next note describes how I often look at things in my life
Lifelong climb 😎
I used to be 'a climber' as a cyclist. I was quite happy suffering on a climb, as I knew that most other riders would be suffering more. Ok, the dark mental psychology of cyclists is not for discussion on this blog!

I continue with explanation of my weird psychology, relating to design
Imperfection is perfection 
Perfection cannot exist, therefore when attention is moved to an off-perfect position, humans create a mental perfection of the piece privately, themselves.
Photos with an off-centre focus 
When there is obviously a deliberate off-centre, the process is a lot easier for the human brain to understand and view.
Confused? Good.

There is no truth. There are only perceptions.


Christmas in the summer sun...
but
OMG I'm lucky where I live.

Coffee halts my mood being depressing.
I pathetically attempt to validate my addiction. I am addicted, I admit. As a drug, caffeine maintains my 'positive' mood. I have become used to this, so without it, I notice the effect! :(

It could be worse...
I am not a liar...

four-letter Lance

Hehehe, erm actually...

I admit to listening to my iPod on 'shuffle'. Ok, this is bad, I am sorry. I was half way through dinner when I heard 'Melon Collie' by Smashing Pumpkins. Anyone who knows this tune, should understand my horror as it's piano melody must lead into the crescendo of strings of 'Tonight Tonight'. I was listening to shuffled music so felt crucified when I heard Kasabian break this flow!
Melon Collie on shuffle

I was at a loose end yesterday, so journeyed into central London. All was ok, I knew where I was heading. However, I noticed, as ever that 'my London' is actually so much smaller. I cannot enter most shops/bars/etc, because of the stepped entrance! 
Ok, they may have a ramp or an alternative entrance, but it is so degrading having to ask for help.
I am fed up of having to deal with a  'life of inaccessibility'
but
I enjoy being different 
I flip the fact, face the positives. I have to. It would be nice to experience the normal world, but sometimes 'alternatives' are better!

No comments:

Post a Comment