Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 21 November 2014

decisions, decisions...

It is cold today, and I have made an important decision.
xmas Tree-less 
not yet pic!
It is only November, but the town is full of festive decoration (in sunshine)! 

I am not having a Christmas Tree this year. I will aim to give my flat a festive feel, but will not fall down with everyone else. A tree will not be needed. I am thirty years old, I live by myself, the decision is mine! I am different to everybody. Everybody is different, but everyone else acts the same. I want to show independence.

I moan about the ignorance of many shops...
I'm used to looking in shop windows, but now I find myself glancing immediately at the step in the doorway. If inaccessible, it is pointless for me to look at window!

I cooked the tastiest ever pasta dish, on Tuesday. I am proud but very experienced at this, well, relatively! I decided that no meat was needed, when shopping on the day before. I attempted to balance this, by using more vegetables. I bought a lot of garlic. I used a lot of garlic. Mid way through the meal, I could taste that
Garlic is the key!!!!
I probably won't be able to repeat this exactly, but now I have found the key is not meat, but garlic! :)


Angel Olsen
I recommended Ms Olsen the other week, via her NPR TinyDesk performance. An immediate fan, I bought the album. Brilliant. 'Depressing', I love it!

Maybe my typing style is too honest
Hmmm. I am not going to talk in detail about this note. It seems that I have become too  relaxed in my style of typing, too familiar with typing oh this blog with such honesty. The feelings are in my head, I can communicate graphically, maybe I am too lazy with choice of written words.
A communication breakdown.


Laura Dogget
Jools Holland is an amazing source for me!
I realise that someone has recommended Ms Dogget before, but unfortunately I did not investigate (sorry, whoever)

Santa's diet
A further reason for no tree. I hear that Santa is on a diet this year, so no mince pies!

Outstanding. Old, but maybe the best goal ever?...
I am impressed by the audacity!

Zlatan - 2008



No comments:

Post a Comment