Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 28 November 2014

ciao ciao!!



I open with a current favourite. I think Sharon Van Etten has release two albums both in recent years. Her most recent, 'Are we there?', opens with a superb song, 'Afraid of nothing'. I immediately stop whatever I am doing, on hearing the opening piano chords,  I know that her wonderful voice is about to tell me the song.
SVE

Life can be tough. I am a very strong believer in fate and destiny, as you know. However, it is impossible to foresee, and predict accurately. Everyone knows what they want, however it can unattainable. One’s journey, searching towards their goal, allows fate to take control. With such an unknown, I do not know what i can do. Confused? So am i… Life is for living. Live life and just accept that fate controls you. 

Unusually, I now give you a bit of product promotion and brand advertisement. Wonderful yoghurt that I discovered at the local supermarket.

I had one mouthful of the 'apple & cinammon' yoghurt, and was in heaven!
Twekkelo Farmhouse Yoghurts of Holland


Apple & Cinnamon
mmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :P

White space! 😛
Ok, as you may notice from this website, I love 'white space'. I am a graphic designer, so this may not be surprising. I made the above note, after I had left working, and being in a group debriefing. I was warned not to do this again. Basically, gggrrrrrrrrr!

Hehehe. I was in a department store in Richmond yesterday. On the way to 'wheelchair toilets', and I noticed someone following me! I continue anyway 
‘Do you want help?'
The following woman actually asked to help! I was startled, relieved that it hadn't been a 7ft heavyweight wrestler, but she was asking to help me go to the loo! WTF! Dazed and confused, I was. I then fortunately realise how far forward i relatively am. Yet again, I am in a wheelchair, so I am used to being grouped together with all disabled! Hmmm.

A quality tune...

Black Bat Liquorice

No comments:

Post a Comment