Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 5 December 2014

a distraction...


Just when you thought Radiohead's front man was creating music that was too advanced for our mental capacities, Radiohead drummer, Phil Selway releases yet another solo release, but sounds remain similar.

Deep thoughts from earlier in the week forced me to concentrate on positives...

I ease myself, when I imagine what I am missing out on in life, i balance this with emotional pains and struggles that I have had, so happy that these are past. It can also be obvious that humans always desire Improvement. Hell would be knowing that you cannot improve, and the only way may be down!

Sunset hits Surbiton riverside, late November

 Kingston Market Place decides it is Christmas



Cafe Steps
I should be pleased with myself. All of the local, independent cafes, are 'accessible'. Ok not fully accessible, but I can enter inside! I look back, and realise none of these cafes were accessible before I started. I speak generally, and most 'high street chain cafes' HAVE to be accessible, they have too much to lose, if otherwise. However independent cafes need to be educated! This perhaps shows me how much custom I am giving (directly and indirectly).
I will not list these cafes, because it would seem like specific praise. There are supreme cafes that are independent and accessible anyway.

There is one cafe that I want to give a big 'shout out' for. It has been based in the Kingston town-centre for a very long time, it is a small, independent cafe, serving some of the tastiest food and drink around. As it is 'hidden', tucked away from view, it is often very quiet inside. 'Giulianno's Delicafe' is in central Kingston (just away from market place), and is definitely worth a visit.


Like it, you will! :)

Inside the station…
Art Deco classic, Surbiton Station is regularly only viewed from the outside. Users are often busy rushing on or off trains, to recognise the classic beauty within...




No comments:

Post a Comment