Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 10 October 2014

technical genius of tomorrows modern boxes

I must explain that yet again, I type outside.
OMG! I breathe a sigh of relief. The neighbouring couple sat next to me, have just left! Sorry, but they were absolute mugs. No problems to do with myself, just severely distracting conversation!
They've gone, I am content.

My week's first note, happily changes the subject. My favourite footballer 'of all time' ( I can say that, I am old enough)?! The Iceman.
Bergkamp technical genius



Music
A big big fan of Diane Birch, although less of her second album. I love her raw music.
Kyoto Mon Amour



KMA

You should all know that I am very loyal fan, worshipping his thoughts, and now feel so happy with the success of Thom Yorke. Many of my beliefs regarding not only music, but ecology, graphic art, sustainability and politics, are almost identical. I have downloaded his new EP correctly. Tomorrow's Modern Boxes...


http://thequietus.com/articles/16423-thom-yorke-tomorrow-s-modern-boxes-review

http://www.radiohead.com/deadairspace/tomorrows-modern-boxes

Mr Yorke has released a video of the primary tune on the EP.
Brain in a bottle (not 'album version').



It won’t go on iCloud! :)
One of the brilliant results of this novel method of releasing music, is that it won't go on iCloud! It transfers manually to an iPod, but will not be lost to the public iCloud. The music is bought, downloaded for use only by the owner. It is not lost into the infinite sea of the internet (as everything else does).

New addiction - carrot juice!


Hmmm. Ok, coffee will never ever be replaced. However, I was in a cafe, I had chosen my lunch, saw a vast array of colourful juice bottles, so took a surprising choice. I tried to imagine what such a drink would taste like.
Wow! It tastes exactly how you expect. Oh man, it's good!

A feline lover, I was shocked to hear of a friendly, calming method, that I think I was unaware of, on the radio! Apparently...
blink slowly at cats

I cross the road, I call loudly
Ever since my accident, I have been encouraged by people to raise my voice (less so now). I am aware that by strengthening vocal power, i increase lung capacity, core strength, and all-round well-being. So I have excuses for both loud-volume, and lack of. 
I notice my vocal power improving, when I cross the road, cars usually stop for me. I  check, look right,
"THANK YOU"
I reach midway, check and look left
"CHEERS"
I realise that sometimes I am shouting, but being polite, so ok, no?


Yesterday, Thursday, it rained, heavily. I had a physio session, and then lunch in Kingston. I was safe, it was dry, but the clouds loomed... A good coffee was missing. I decided to take a gamble, visiting the Riverside Cafe...
I arrived, the heavens opened!



No comments:

Post a Comment