Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 3 October 2014

EVERYTHING BALANCES :)

I must warn you that I am not feeling the most positive as I begin to type this. There is hope though, I am awaiting a stunning looking cappucino!
When feeling down, I must keep a level-head, remembering the haunting recollections of my past, realise where I am, and be proud.

Sorry, a bit of a positive boost needed.
Positive mindset was born, lying in hospital,  where it was essential.
Although difficult, with a positive mindset, shut-off from the outside world, life as a hospital patient must always be viewed as an essential part of a journey. Get through it and move on to the next stage.
Life in rehabilitation, the following stage is definitely more psychologically difficult. You are told how to live! Essentially, one does learn. You get glimpses of life in the real-world. Exciting. Look but don't touch.
Life in the real-world = rest of this blog. Psychologically difficult, very difficult, but you do have enough mental strength. Everyone, EVERYONE, is unique. Hmmmmmmm...

Far left attempts to balance us, due to Far right...


I was about Kingston the other day when I saw a bench and stall, promoting an extreme political movement. I was intrigued, took a closer look, after being handed a leaflet. By viewing such, i thought that it became apparent that it was only there because of the growing popularity of the opposite extreme far right. Be warned, people are growing bored of 'falling in the middle'. Extremes always have opposite extremes. When extremes collide, combustion.

I had just put my card in
'Can I help?'

😳
People see a wheelchair, and they panic!!!!
They feel that the MUST offer help. Only then do they realise that actually, they cannot.
I was at a cashpoint, when I got very alarmed as I was interrupted by a man from behind me! Crazy. Did he expect me to take my card out, give it to him, tell him my PIN, and let him hand me my millions?!?
Silly silly man. Move on. Forget.

The note below was typed on Tuesday, on my iPhone, following visiting a wonderful place...
Having just been experiencing 'Kensington life' (beautiful people only), I feel very down. Everything balances. I am mentally lifted by this week's first note, remembering what my life was like πŸ˜„

Wednesday, I went to work, listening to my headphones. Left my flat, turned on to the high street, a symphony of strings. Unmistakeable, Bittersweet. I can't change, no change, no change. I can't change. But something's not right. I am no longer striding down the high street in time with the music (as I used to love doing over 8years ago). Currently trapped in a wheelchair, I felt hurt.




I live alone. Life alone has its benefits. As I know all words to every song, I used to refrain, but now just loved the ability to scream my voice, quite aware that I could not be heard
Singing along to Jeff Buckley

Crossrail!!
Every Crossrail station in London will now be stepfree.

Happy days! My note above is regarding the news that I received on Wednesday from 'Transport for All' (accomplices in my trip to House of Commons, last year).


An old, now out-of-date poster I made for the cause.
It is wrong...



A strange combination of writing my blog, but predominantly bumping into someone in Kingston, has lifted my spirits to a new high. :)
Everything balances.

No comments:

Post a Comment