Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 22 August 2014

twists

So, I begin this post with two notes which are 'negative complaints' and are so easy for me to twist around into 'positive facts'.
The notes: 
No mobile phone whilst walking

What a bitch!

As you will know, I spend current life in a powered wheelchair, but like everyone else, I do spend a vast amount of time, attached to my mobile phone. I do use it's a phone, however, primarily I use alternate functions (such as email/internet/notepad/camera etc). I am different, I cannot talk on my phone whilst walking or moving along the street. I cannot immerse myself in emails, whilst walking or moving along the street. However, this allows me to use my vision! About town, I am so lucky that I can navigate out of some moron's path. If people just looked up, and faced the world they are in!!! But, no!!!!! Gggrrrrrrrrrrrr

A regular in a popular, high street cafe, I was shocked and left with a feeling of disdain earlier in the week. I do not want to speak a word against the staff, whom are all good friends. When I recollect the event, I am very pleased/proud that it struck me with such surprise. I was not used to dealing with such a ****of a woman! I was in the accessible toilet, door locked, but someone knocks on the door. I. Call out an apology (as ever), and a quick explanation of the situation. I exit, when finished. This ugly, obese, excuse of a woman, then passes me in the cafe, snarls and looks down at me, on her way to the toilet. One four-letter word
****!

That never happens to me. I always make people smile. I am still perplexed!

Champs League - win/ win?

Hmmm. I must admit to being a poor fan. 'My' team (Arsenal) played a first leg of a Champions League qualifier, earlier in the week. I feel confident this season, but I couldn't decide how to feel during this 0-0 draw. It would be considered a 'relief' to win over the two legs, but then we would have to play numerous extra fixtures across Europe (as ever). We would benefit from a 'thinner schedule'. Maybe we should concentrate on the League (tough but possible)?...
I needed to make my mind up. I then realised that if we didn't qualify for the Champions League, we would be relegated to playing a similarly congested schedule on Thursdays (Europa Cup). So, no. Thursday is Spursday, so not for us! We cannot sink to those depths. So, I cross my fingers...

Thank you, readers, for helping to provide me with a valid excuse to run this blog. I have physiotherapy, and two voluntary jobs. I do work in paid employment as a freelance graphic designer (but rarely). I often find myself lost, but can rapidly find myself pleased with my voluntary jobs. I am very very lucky to do them. I do find myself working strange hours, enabling me to enjoy cafés, making notes for this blog, when free. All balances.

Music bought, this week, the new or latest album by Sharon Van Etten. Right up my street...


SVE

No comments:

Post a Comment