Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 15 August 2014

no need...

:)


Ok, I wrote this week's post using notes that were so detailed, I don't feel the need to talk. Last Sunday was the date of the 2014 London Surrey professional bike race. So the day before, I planned...

Photographing a bike race. I used to be faced with a number of issues.-
If in the local area, whilst in France, I would plan where best to view it. 
Did I have enough film in my camera? 
Which French  supermarket could supply me with a magazine timetable of the race?
How would I get there in time (with family)?
Would all riders be together in photo? 
Could I predict who may be leading?
How good will the  background be?

But this time, I was at home. No need to travel, they would race through my town.
The  midday rain got me in the mood!
I went to the viewing point that I had planned, successfully viewing riders such as Philippe Gilbert (former World Champion), and a strong Team Sky. Mission accomplished!




Julian Alphaphilippe leads the breakaway through Kingston

Philippe Gilbert (Left)

The following day, I began my fourth decade (well, I turned 30 at 11.42pm)! 



Sexy :)

I started my day with a mighty fine hot beverage (aka a Cappucino)!!
I then went to Central London, met family and visited the London Shard with. I felt high all day, as the place is fully accessible, and allows you a fully panoramic view of London. It is amazing and I can't give it high enough recommendations. It felt surreal, looking down at Canary Wharf! 



 i look: directly down to see HMS Belfast and Tower of London

 West, towards Millennium Wheel etc 

East, towards Docklands and Canary Wharf etc

North, but off-centre, the 'Gherkin', 'Walkie Talkie', 'Cheese Grater', and 'Nat West Tower' (nicknames of towers).

 i look down...
i look up...



Don't panic
Just get wet!


Hmmm. The above note refers to the mentality that i accept adopting, when it 'looks like rain'. It's rained everyday in my thirties! Hmmm... It does, however, affect me very little. I do not panic, about needing a waterproof jacket, or rushing to a dry safe-haven in time. Similarly to 'rushing for a bus', I have contently accepted that these things cannot be resolved easily by rushing in my wheelchair. If i really want something, i must plan for attaining it. Is rain water that much of an issue?




Cats on trees

Siren's Call
'You'll be happy to know '
Hehehe. The beginning of words which were given from an old lady. She went on to inform me that 'the football season starts soon'!
Hehehe. Happy DAYS!

COYG!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment