Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 29 August 2014

attempt two...



I open by typing this on Wednesday, irate, having just experienced an event leading to the following note…

'You can take it if you want! Hehe'
What a fat, unfit, pathetic, low, merchant banking ****!
Forget and move on.

I was heading home, leaving Hampton Wick. Well aware of the amazing bicycle shop located there, I noticed perched against a shop window an absolutely beautiful, matte-black, full-carbon Colnago road bike (I am guessing at-least £3000). The owner was one of the three men sat next to it, outside a café. I passed it, then turned around to compliment it.  All I could say was
“Wow”
When I was pointed to the owner, I repeated myself.

I was then brought down earth with a hard thump.
“You can take it if you want’. Hehe, snigger!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt an unbelievable amount of disrespect, wounded deeply. I have not felt so low about someone as I realised that he actually was a fat, merchant-banking, businessman, who probably dreams about himself a bit too much. To actually take the piss out of me because I am in a wheelchair, about ‘my love’ (cycling), whilst he is sat there proud of his wealthy status, showing off to his ‘friends’.
Deep breath,
The truth is, if fully-able, I hesitate whether I would have taken it anyway. Bianchi is my brand of choice! Hehehe…
Everything is equal. I have friends he can only dream of.
Experience. Forget. Move-on.  

I have plenty of music that I wish to share this week. I was going to use that excuse for a lack of talking, but you are lucky, I ramble on.

Led Zeppelin, Ramble on

/ramble_on_led_zeppelin/


I am English, there always talk of the weather. Yet again, I am sat outside, by the riverside as I type this. I feel that it may be the last time, as although hoping for an Indian Summer, we are still far from it. Close to India? More like, stuck in a queue awaiting to board a cross-channel ferry. But maybe...

Tiny Ruins
http://tinyruins.bandcamp.com

everyday robots



In the above tune, Mr Albarn observes the fact that everyone seems stuck on their mobile phone. I am happy to admit that I am regularly found on mine. Solutions to problems can usually be found here. Everyone used to have to work their brains to figure it out.

royal blood
figure it out


Waterloo bridge realisation that everyone is stuck on their mobiles, I used to look around, marvelling at sights.

My note above was made as I crossed Waterloo bridge in Central London. I too had become an everyday robot, by making the note on my phone!


Three photos,  from one trip.






The above three photos could all have been taken on the same journey (they weren't, but hey)! Sunlight catches the striking, angular, art-deco Surbiton Station. I have found the best coffee ever! 50% Brazilian, 40% Argentinian, 10% Colombian. A simple black coffee, not distorted by milk!
Third picture, shows a massive, foolish error in terms of an 'accessible' doorway ramp!

Hmmm, internet has been fixed...
...strange... 
...but true...

i finish giving a link to the website of an insanely good electronic house music label.
I may be slightly biased, as it was set-up and is run by good friends from University!


lostmydog.net





No comments:

Post a Comment