Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 9 May 2014

moon turned a fire-red



Well, on the night I was born, Lord, I swear the moon turned a fire-red.

You should all recognize the previous sentence. If not, shame on you.



Ok, after quite an aggressive statement, I plead that I am not confrontational.

It seems that I surprise some. People don't expect politeness from a wheelchair!

I know that this is regularly the case. People see a wheelchair, then immediately presume the worst. ‘Oh, urrgh, he cannot walk therefore, he must be stupid, rude and offensive. Aaaah, poor him. Bless!’
Hehe, secretly I laugh inside. Let ‘them’ think whatever they want, fools! People don’t expect politeness.
I may be polite, notice their reaction of surprise, then wish the exact opposite. Doh!
It can be nice to surprise.


Hehe, ‘confrontation’ continues as a subject matter. My next note relates to being annoyed with rude and disrespectful neighbours owning the ‘communal garden’ at the rear of the flat. It was a sunny Bank Holiday. The ridiculous noise, resulted in one winning weapon! J

i am stressed by them, it calls for the Chemical Brothers at a new max volume!

Old? Yes. Quality? Yes.
‘Surrender’ is a quality album.

Tuesday, I spent the day slightly dazed, having gone to physiotherapy, and spending the rest of the day without my glasses or wearing a hat. I felt nude, without wearing anything on my head! It was warm and sunny, but felt very very strange! For the past few years I have lived underneath a hat, then I switched to wearing glasses a couple of months ago (out of choice and comfort). So ‘nudity’ will not happen again!

As regular readers will know, I do spend regular time on the riverside, and at the café.
‘Which café’? you ask…



I type this whilst the opening of the 2014 Giro D’Italia, is underway in Belfast!

So, the end of the football season leads well for me into the world of professional cycling! Happy days!
(skip the advert)

No comments:

Post a Comment