Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 2 May 2014

Awesome!



My name is Obel
Na na Naaa na na



Hello, yet again I open a week’s post with slightly confusing music! Sorry, about my lack of talk last week. I gave you ‘a breath of fresh air’, and some scenic pictures. This week, I am back with notes on my phone, compiled over the last two weeks.

Awesome! I want one of those!

Hehe, hmmm. A child’s reaction when discovering my wheelchair. You already begin to know how lucky I feel about everything. My powered-wheelchair is a key part in that. We all currently live in the ‘modern’. We all access what is available to us. I know that ‘powered-wheelchairs’ have never been as commonly used as they are now. I cannot specify a date, but it seems that if we all lived as if 1990, I would be still desperate for a good level of independence.
My wheelchair allows me to get as far as possible, in terms of independence. I am very grateful.
I could go on and on and on, but the next note calls.

I notice myself not smiling. I figure out now I know why smiling is less common amongst the general public. The 'general public' are in paid employment, too.

OK, I have been living, out-of-paid work for the past seven years, I like to live life gratefully, smiling regularly. I realize now though, that I have been lacking a certain focus and ‘lack-of-drive’. Crucially, I always used to pride myself on having a good ‘eye for detail’. Now, I must ensure that I still have such attributes. I may find myself angry, or cross, at lacking such. So I may be found to smile less.

Hehe, now I rant.

Good design is for maximum use. Therefore good design is accessible, to as big an audience as possible.

The note stated above is quite self-explanatory. As a former design student, I had the basic fact, drummed into my head. Both for 2D and 3D design, the best aim is to allow and encourage maximum use of a design. If you cannot do this, you fail. You want to make your design as accessible, to as many people as possible. ‘Design-out’ no-one. This is why, now if I am a ‘potential user’ of a design, I become very critical if I am not allowed because I am in a wheelchair.

Whooo. Deep breath!

Meow.
‘Meow, meow!’

I must look very odd.
Meow

Hehehe. First sign of madness. ‘Talking to your cat’
OK, that was broken at a very young age. ‘Talking to random cats’, hmmm. Yep, I’m definitely ‘mad’.
However, I fear that I may have been seen to take it to another level. This feline was sat underneath a car. No-one but I knew he was there. If anyone spotted, I would haven seen 'meowing' to a hubcap!
My bad!! 

Accessibility on the London Underground is a big, big cause for concern, currently.  Thank you Boris for severe reduction in TFL Staff! Clever, very clever. Yeah right! Pfftttt!!!
Another music link. I must own up to not being the first to find these two.  I thank my Dad for catching this pair on ‘Later… With Jools’. Very tight, solid rock. A big sound produced by a drummer, and bassist. Rockin’

Royal Blood.


Recovery, it has been slightly longer than 119.5 seconds, but I do believe, like Guinness
Good things come to those who wait


No comments:

Post a Comment