Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 21 February 2014

hiiiiiiiiigh

Ciao ciao

I type this post a bit ‘hiiiiiiiiigh’, as I have just had a double espresso! Equating to my fourth of the day. Maybe fifth, oh I don’t know!!!!!!!

Deep breath

Anyway, Orangina is calming me. Hopefully.
Notes.

Earlier in the week, I was moving along the pavement towards a road crossing.
A bike rider (not a ‘cyclist’, but just a ‘bike rider’) cycled towards me, on the pavement.
'Alright mate' he greeted me with, before passing me.
I responded.
'Should be on the road!' :(

Just because I am generally smiling (I think), I am letting people ‘off the hook’. It’s so wrong. GGGRRRR!
I am good, and refuse to swear or curse, but man do I get pissed off!

Deep breath again.

I find it impossible to let myself 'face the facts and get depressed'. When I realise this, it scares me - but I actually cannot be upset, angry, or depressed!

The above note is problematic as ‘life’ does require attention by myself.
What do I mean? Too deep to contemplate.

My next note is clearly a ‘positive’. I was in Kingston town centre, earlier in the week, successfully negotiating busy crowds, when I entered a new café. I was shocked, good coffee, great place, yet I am a relative novice here! OK, it is quite well known that I feel comfortable complimenting those who I feel deserve it. Rarely, however, do I actually gain from it. I was told by the barista here…

'Next time you come, I'll get you a free coffee' 

Sold! I will be a regular now, methinks!

Music, this week. I have been a fan for a while now, but am only just promoting her. Well worth a listen.
Jemma Tweedie



I still remember six or seven years ago, enjoying (whilst panicking slightly) an excursion from the RHN (Royal Hospital for Neuro-Disability). I was taken on a key trip, by my parents, on a weekend, to… ….  …. … !!!
Caffe Nero In Putney. Hehehe, a special place. Only one visit, but highly influential! Basically, I can blame my parents for leading me astray!! Hehehe (I don’t mean that, obviously)

Glug glug glug…
Orangina now!

Besides the tremendous help, advice, and mentoring I get from my physiotherapy. It was noticed that my fashion has changed!

'You don't wear your hats anymore?’

I answered with explanation that as I wear my glasses a lot more now, I choose not to wear my hat. I think both would make me look (more) foolish.
Besides, I am told by a friend that they ‘are all wearing glasses, here in LA’, so...
…oh and they do help a lot!








No comments:

Post a Comment