Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 28 February 2014

'I'm sorry?'...

I type this 'rough', 'live'. Confused? I explain. I plan to be out, but I will give a you this week's post anyway. I am typing over the notes I have made this week, creating a rough. I do it out in a cafe, so 'live'. 
Ah the wonders of technology?

My first note reminds me of my error in the previous post. As ever, I was talking about my coffee habit. Don't worry, I did not count up to having had four, double shots (8)! I had meant to say that I had reached the 'caffeine count' of four shots worth. I sound manic, and slightly crazy but I am trying to deny such poor attributes!


Just after I had typed the last post, I had to rush to answer the phone. It was an advertising 'sales call'.
The man was obviously scripted, and I rapidly understood that he was trying to sell some financial service. It is rude just to put the phone down, I am not rude! Instead, he asked if I was interested in something.
'I'm sorry?'
My response. He then repeated.
'I'm sorry?'
I then repeated these words again and again, answering every question that he raised.
He was getting flustered, I was winning! Hehehe. I chuckled as he told me to 
'F### off!'
I had won! I checked that HE had sworn at ME. Then he cut the call!
Wow, I was supreme victor (without swearing, or being obviously rude)!

Telephone victory...

Life is just a series of moments which we must enjoy. One cannot have a long term design for life. Live for now!

I had become intrigued, but not worried at all, by those who choose against coffee, and the reasons behind a complete restriction. I know that I do not drink too much, and am not addicted, but I can feel the slope being very slippery.

Oh, whatever!!! :

A regular lunchtime coffee alternative 


'He's a good driver.'
A compliment that I overhear whilst leaving a fairly 'accessible' shop. It is true, I am good, hehehe. OK, I am fairly experienced. It makes me realise that whilst I look at accessibility issues troubling me, obviously, there are a lot more felt by many, many other wheelchair users.

No comments:

Post a Comment