Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 7 February 2014

deal with it!

Bonjour!
Je pense ma ‘poste’ est assez coupe et rapide, ce semaine. Je suis desolee.

Hmm, I don’t know exactly what I said, but…
‘I think my post is quite short and quick, this week. I’m sorry.’

First note was earlier this week, obviously!

I have only discussed this with one person:
Part of me did die
- but like my ability to walk, it will be reborn 
- keep the faith 

I move swiftly onto my next note, offering my music selection this week. Hmm, ok, drum solos. They are good (I like them), and have often considered the best one in my record collection, to be that of Led Zeppelin in ‘Moby Dick’.

Although a completely different style of music, and so I am not sure it ‘counts’. Phronesis with ‘Smoking the Camel’ provides fierce competition.
Legendary.


OK, next note. It is 2014, and I have decided that my choice has changed from enjoying wearing a hat regularly, to the finding the joy of wearing my glasses a lot more often! I do not wear both items at the same time, but it was on visiting Arsenal at The Emirates, did I realize the joy of my glasses! It sounds cliché, but it was beautiful! The whole setup for disabled supporters at Arsenal is incredible. Thank you!



The winning result was always going to boost my satisfaction levels!

Marriage?

The note above  is to remind me of how I feel about the issue. As my opinion will prove controversial, and I don’t want to upset anyone, I move on.

I provide you with a poster that I designed for ‘Transport for All’ charity. Whilst I have to respect those in charge (ahem, Boris), I feel that it is important for us not to all believe that everything is ‘fine and dandy’.



Yesterday, it rained almost constantly, all day. The last note of the week was made.

People struggle with umbrellas

Hehehe… Yeh. No, sorry, I shouldn’t laugh at others ‘misfortune’, but it does amuse me, when it rains.
Huh?
That sounds stupid, I know. Most of the time I have waterproof in my bag. I may just ‘wear’ it across my lap. I have grown used to accepting that I will get wet. So what? It is just water.

What amuses me, is everyone else rushing around, panicking, because of water. The amount of people struggling to contain an umbrella, and failing, amuses me! Wind and rain? Do not use an umbrella if you don’t want to be laughed at! It rains, you get wet. Deal with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment