Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Saturday 5 October 2013

'Sorry, I should be on the road'...

The post title states the words directed at me as a cyclist stumbled towards me, on the pavement!
'Good' I thought, she knows. She was in the wrong, and apologised. The fact is that she was obviously an inexperienced 'bike rider', not a 'cyclist'. Hmmm mmmmm
Sorry, I type this as I was flabbergasted, but also stunned by my acceptance of the situation. Damn right, she should've been on the road, not obstructing a wheelchair on the pavement!! Grrrrrr rrrrrrrr...

Hello, I provide a welcome to all readers, and apologise to those loving fans, for this 'late' post. But, oh well, it's here, ain't it?
coffee time...   

Cafetiere used. Job done. You can all relax.

I want to recommend the new album by Agnes Obel, 'Aventine'. This is the follow-up offering of good sounds, to her debut album 'Philharmonics'. I realise that I must be careful what I say, as it is very 'atmospheric', 'mood setting' and 'soothing'. To be honest when I first heard it in the morning, I got depressed. What? Patrick? Depressing music? No way. It could be argued to be considered 'depressing', but I would argue 'deep, emotive,and heart felt'! It is good.



 My confusion, with myself...

I regularly have to tell myself to believe that I am not like everyone else. I am different, I am a lucky man. I shouldn't be here, but i am. I like to believe that my fate will provide me with the best luck in the world. In order to, I must remain silent here.
Oh, i don't know.

Compliments should be easier for everyone to give. They cost nothing, and can only have a positive effect on the recipient.

I made the next note, whilst sat outside a cafe in Central London. I scared myself as I realised how deep I was thinking/pondering!
I regularly have to force myself to find the benefits of loneliness (...there are, there are positives to everything)! I smile :)

I am afraid, just a short post this week. My final note discusses the
Sustainability of an apple

I do not mean the fruit. I realise that I should be careful what I say, as I believe in fate, and type this on a Mac. My note refers to the environmental issues surrounding the increasingly popular products of 'Apple'. They are all hi-tech, and constantly pushing boundaries in terms of product design. For example, the minimal number of parts/materials used, is a definite plus. However I do recognise the danger of the trouble the company is causing, indirectly to the earth. People are now forever 'charging up' their phones/IPads/whatever... People now live with their products switched on. OK, 'standby' maybe, but this is surely a negative way of consuming energy, which may not be sustainable....
EEEEK! 

...i forgot to add some pictures...

 Riverside. It is not summer sun, spring green, or winter snow. Autumnal brown, Thameside.

 A fan of iconic stations. Hmmm. The Richmond clock entrance is beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment