Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 11 October 2013

holier than thou


Hello y’all!
I can type this week’s post on time. It is fairly ‘miserable’ weather today, I have done the work that needed doing this morning, so cocoon myself in my flat, typing.
Is rain depressing and miserable? Yes it is, no matter how I try to spin it, we prefer sun.           

It is that time of year when we all reflect on the wonderful summer that has just been (I don’t think we’ve had a proper summer for a few years).
Oh well, weather talk is depressing but I’m allowed to give some, I am British. British people always talk about the rain!

On Tuesday, I made the following note.
I was sooooo excited. I had forgot that I had bought a CD online, but actually  finding it in the post, was so good. 
I had been totally got by the product semantics involved in buying a CD package.   As the photo explains, it was the 2013 double CD of the Smoke Fairies, 'Ghosts'.






I am offering myself a sensible chance of a YouTube clip…



A fairly short post this week, perhaps emphasizing the notes/points that I do make? Good.

OK, I am not trying to paint a ‘holier than thou’ picture, but hey. I am troubled, as I never used to live with my mobile phone always ‘on’. Not only did I respect my own privacy, but primarily, I used to panic ecologically, that I was wasting energy. Hmmm
Now, I live with my phone turned ‘on’. I worry as I recognize the demise of my belief, but I know that I am now just like everyone else.
Whenever I force myself to face this fact (or any similar ecological beliefs that I used to live by), I use a ‘get out clause’. I am lucky to be here at all. I had spent over a year in hospital without a mobile phone (computer, etc)! Hehehe, so it is insignificant. Right?
Stupid, I then think.  There is no way I can think like this. But it is how I used to live my life. Hmmm. But now, a new life. Where do I start? Where do I begin? Sunday morning, I’m waking up, can’t even focus on a coffee cup.



Traffic and transport always seem to cause issues for me, both negative and positive.  Earlier in the week I was waiting to cross a small road at home, in Surbiton. I paused on the pavement, to allow a turning car, ahead. Then the car itself stopped, waving me across. I yelled
 'COME ON!!!! !!!'
I do not want right of way!
Automobiles clearly have right of way, I do not want to argue!

OK, it is kind of cars to allow me through, but it is a shame that I am wise and sensible when it comes to traffic! Just because I am in a wheelchair do people automatically work me out as  a mental nutcase? Grrr.

I want to provide a link to the blog that I have been working on. It is quite basic, I know but accessibility is important. As a key member, I have designed us a logo, a badge to represent us.



A bit of self-promotion. I am displaying and hopefully selling artwork in The Press Room (as earlier in the year).







For further information, please visit

No comments:

Post a Comment