Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 20 September 2013

A 'live' post...

I type this week, purely in note form. I am in a cafe, but have a good, refreshing fruit juice. Not coffee powered this week. Therefore I type with my notes integral.
I should tell all primarily to forget my 'confidence'. Last week I told of my foolish confidence that I don't get caught in severe rainfall. So, what happened? I didn't get drenched once, but twice on consecutive days at the start of this week! Hmm, that'll teach me.

Everything is a contrast. I know that I am a graphic designer with a fairly logical/mathematical brain, mainly due to educational history, but this the way that brain works in solving problems. Being forced to think positively, also helps this. I know what it is like to have nothing happening, therefore, fortunately I am more aware of everything we have. Things which affect us mostly, are the things providing the greatest contrast. If there is no contrast registered, then there is nothing.

I am now shocked at myself. Whilst wandering around Covent Garden, as everyone around me is in a group of friends, or rushing on their lunch break from work, I have neither. Sad, but I am forced to draw on 'my get out  clause.' My clause being that I am lucky to be here at all,  experiencing anything. Any experience IS a positive.

Usually, I am all for coffee shops. I will always choose a small, independent over a branch of a large chain. However, it can be argued that wheelchair users could well be spotted inside (or at least using) the larger chains, using their 'facilities'. From now on, I will try not to slag them off too much!

Jeff...
 

Today, I noticed that though inside i regularly feel 'broken down and hungry', I continue to smile as I realise that this is what people warm to, often complimenting my positivity. I realize this happily, as I know what I capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment