Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 13 September 2013

3...


Hello,
How’s everyone doing? After last week’s complaint of everyone’s misery at rainfall, I pause and finally understand the issue. I was warned by a friend that it would rain today. I heard the warning but ignored because of a strange confidence.
Anyway, I went out today then got back to Surbiton, and whilst inside a favourite café I could view ‘the heaven’s opening’, outside. To be fair, it was heavy rainfall and I could see that everyone outside was immediately panicking, rushing for cover. I can see why people don’t like rain. By the time I had finished inside, I went out fully prepared, but the rain had eased close to a stop. I maintain my confidence when I am alone. Should anyone else be involved, confidence does not exist.

Hmmm, ok a present

or
just go to google and search ‘zerg rush’

Time for a ‘deeper’ note. The flowers at this  time of year are so sad.




However fear not.


Every process (no matter how large or small) can be broken down into
3up and 3down
The awful thing is when you know a negative 'down' is due.
But the key is to always be able to find the positives, and to focus on them.

The above note is fairly self explanatory. It just explains how I have coped so far with my injury/disability, without delving deep.
Earlier in the week, I was experiencing quite a fortunate day, where luck was both helping me and hindering.
‘Things happen in threes’
They do. Laugh, but everything can be broken down to a scale where ‘three is the magic number’. Tune.
Anyway, I believe in this so strongly, it does not work to my benefit. It had reached the point on this day, where I had quite obviously experienced luck three times, but had only experienced misfortune, twice…
I made the note above, fearing something bad. Nothing…
Hmmm, have I been proven wrong? This was a problem in itself. A self-resolving problem.

Confused? Sorry.

I include a clip of an artist, Tristan Mackay, who I have regularly applauded, busking in Kingston, Clarence Street. I have his acclaimed album ‘Out along the wire’. For you fellow Kingstonians I definitely recommend. Okay, the clip below is 'Layla', which probably the most popular cover for buskers. But it's good! :)  



Okay, I now want to shout my serious anger, political anger and dismay  at the idea of privatizing the Royal Mail.  This news was made public yesterday, and has now been relegated to a ‘less important issue’. Smart move by the government. Very smart, as the concept does seem outrageous.
Anyway, tight lip, I say nothing. I just growl. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr      

I finish by alerting everyone, if you hadn't realised already, today is Friday 13th. The first one of the 13th year of this millennium. I have checked, and we shall also get on in December. I am now calm, as we are past noon. I realise that by  reading this you must think I am a nutcase, but hey you read it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment