Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 12 July 2013

The sun hits the sky




Hello,
‘tis a good old British language introduction this week, as I have run out of foreign languages after the last two weeks. Two ‘other’ languages, damn that is pretty pathetic. But hey.

 I arrived back at Surbiton station, after a good, sunny day, earlier in the week. I was feeling good, content. I moved along the platform to wait for a lift up to ground level. I hear the lift, ‘ssssssSS’
‘HIT!!’
A man exits the lift, and all I hear was that! It is alright, it wasn’t aimed at me, or at the railway (I don’t think). My mind often works in strange ways, I know.
I smiled and laughed to myself, puzzled by this man’s dissatisfaction. I realised, that my day had been good relatively (it seemed).
But now I am not too sure, should I be more troubled by the fact that I may seem to find joy (a positive) out of someone’s anguish (a negative)?
Oh, I don’t know.    

Sunny weather! YAY!
Hmmmm…
Sun means I must draw on 'my mental toughness'
 ???? EVERYONE is smiling! 
What???!!!?

OK, hmm. Everyone likes the sun, including myself. Everyone visibly enjoys it, showing smiles, tanned skin, summer clothes. I get confused, one bit of sun, and everyone is positive and happy (this is a good thing, obviously). I ponder though, does it really just take  a tiny bit of sunshine to change people’s real attitudes in life?

After such a deep, philosophical question,  I can only offer a photograph of a solution. A daaaammn good one as well, courtesy of Anna Witko at The Riverside Café, Kingston.
Thank you Anna J

  


My final note this weak allows me to re-enforce to you all, how therapeutic I find ‘typing’. Perhaps obvious in a blog, but I have an ability to think thoughts, and by typing them, lets them out, in exactly the way I feel. I do not need to worry about ‘creatively expressing thoughts’, I can give them exactly. The wonderful thing about it all, is the internet. I type this and I know that it is open to be read if people want. I admit that I have been in email communication with a dream hero, from the other side of the world, and I think that they have found this blog of great interest (maybe…).

I finish this week by providing a link of my latest personal discovery. I have downloaded  the new, but second album of ‘Widowspeak’. Therefore I admit being slow by a couple of years. Chilled, melancholy, dramatic , right up ‘my street’.

A dailymotion link:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x109iwp_love-songs-widowspeak_music#.UeBGsRYn-Rg


No comments:

Post a Comment