Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 5 July 2013

Ciao Ciao!!


Ciao Ciao!!
The Tour de France has started, so
Bonjour tous le monde! Le soleil est ici!


Today, was the first day of proper summer sun in England! Yay! Happy happy J
Hehehe, it is Christmas soon! Hehehe, no.


If you view this blog randomly, or even just weekly, you may have missed out  on my special image collection ‘2013A’. It can be viewed under my clipboard, in the previous post, below this one.

This week’s post. I begin with a quote taken from the final Sunday Observer magazine, of June. Eddy Merckx (widely regarded as the greatest cyclist ever):
‘Cycling is a good school for life. It makes you hard and gives you ambition, but you can never say you've arrived.’

I totally agree with this quote. Cycling has formed such a large portion of my life. Admittedly, it seriously injured me, but I still feel that I owe it so much. Even in survival, and rehabilitation (so far), I have drawn on the amazingly strong mentality which was formed from cycling. In this term ‘cycling’, I refer to my fanaticism of the professional sport, the physical health/fitness of the activity, and both my design education and part-time work in the bicycle trade.

I made the note below, earlier in the week, in anger. Sheer disgust, and sorrow. I copy it here but as it is history, and negative, it shall stay that way. I am not to dwell on it here (or anywhere else)!

Not allowed to be nice, ignored, blanked by a pair of arrogant, snobby, lowlife, biatches. 
I needed a deep breath, my feelings confirmed by my friend! I was shocked as I begun to realise that I hadn't felt like this since my injury! It saddened me to realise that there are such 'negative' personalities in existence. I comfort myself by typing this note, and my belief in fate, and that everything equals.

I include it because  I felt it necessary and made the note.

Hehe, many may laugh now as I include my music choice as a ‘positive’ to balance the previous ‘negative’.
Cat Power performed at the Glastonbury festival just gone. A heroine. Such a beautiful song.


My next note, tells me to tell you all that whilst I have only sold a few image prints, I have now decided that not everyone wants such large prints. As you will see by going to my NBN blog(http://naturallybeautifulnormality.blogspot.co.uk), I introduce a smaller, cheaper option.

40cm x 30cm  at £39

Any of the images viewed on my NBN website can now be purchased at this lower price.

Below is an image of an example of a ‘larger size’ print.


My final note, this week, was made yesterday.

The worst is the calm before’…

As I am British, I am used to regularly alternating weather. I typed this yesterday, when it seemed that the whole day was building up for almighty rainfall. It was my intention to complete the note by with ’the rainfall, or storm’, but the weather was anticlimactic. It never came. No rain, phew! However for the whole day glumly, we faced a storm ahead. My conclusion, it is only water afterall! Hmmm… 

No comments:

Post a Comment