Welcome to my blog. I post on this, roughly once a week (it does vary). I sustained a 'Traumatic Acquired Brain Injury', and a six month coma from a 'road traffic accident' whilst cycling, in October 2006. I spent the following 4 years (22-26yrs old), in a combination of hospitals and rehabilitation homes. Now, I have been living independently in Surbiton, England since October 2010. This blog begun life in December 2010, as i realised that there are many people worldwide that i want to share experiences with. I know that, as a wheelchair user, I am obviously not as mobile as i wish, so, use the internet to connect to you. I enjoy letting my thoughts represent through type. I type honestly. As numerous readers, as well as email recipients, will understand, I find typing to be very therapeutic. Thank you :)
Please note that this website cannot be viewed 100% successfully everywhere. It is designed for optimum viewing on a screen of 1920 x 1080 pixels.




Friday 19 July 2013

'Chapeau'!!


‘What IS Alpe d’Huez?’

On Thursday, I was actually asked this. Not only was I wearing a give-away t-shirt but on this day the Tour de France was visiting this legendary place, twice!!
This special, special climb was the key site of my trip in 2006. Once myself had cornered the full 21 hairpins, the arrival of the peloton was viewed atop ‘L’Alpe’. It is a special, mythical place. I didn’t find it too hard, because this was back in 2006 (pre-accident, obviously), and being part of a legendary scene, helped incredibly.
Twenty one hairpins, almost 15km long, with 13% sections. Beautiful.


Leaders of the 2006 stage, Damiano Cunego (left), an Frank Schleck (right)

‘Chapeau’ Christophe! My hat goes off to Christophe Riblon, who won yesterday’s stage following an impressive chase of Teejay Van Garderen.



I am going to describe ‘L’Alpe’, no more. If you want to find out, it deserves better research. A legendary place.

I continue. I copy a note that I made to myself earlier in the week. Part of my explanation behind some reasoning for ‘positive thinking’, and ‘caffeine desire’…

I dream for too much, too regularly. The truth hurts, but I block it out of my mind, because negativity gets us nowhere.
Best to think positively, because then at worst, one thinks neutrally. If you are neutral, any negative thought brings you down to a poor 'negative level'.
... Coffee

I would take you down the only road, I’ve ever been down…

Sex and violence, like a melody and silence

I finish this week’s short post by sharing a photo taken this morning on route to Kingston by the riverside route. I was in a good good mood this morning, helped by perfect weather on my route to buy pink roses and deliver them (successfully, I think?) in Richmond. I took the photo (moving left to right), and realised i had taken a photo of two young girls (at the left). I went up to apologise, and check if they were ok with being photographed. They then looked completely puzzled, and explained that they were Italian and didn't understand. I gave up, my language skills failed me. I think that it is ok. Still, if you do find out, and want a share of the millions that I make from my blog, then I am sure we can come to an agreement! 



My music discovery, this week, is ‘Daughter’. Have a listen…






No comments:

Post a Comment